ATVing: South Caribbean

CaJazzman

• 4 months later...

We did an ATV tour with Razor Tours in Samana. There were six of us and we each had our own ATV and we all absolutely loved the experience. We are going on a cruise this January to the southern Caribbean and I have been researching ATV tours for the islands we are going to and have yet to come up with anything. I think our guides name was Melvin and our tour included eight riders and then the guides and lasted about four hours. I would take the tour again in a heart beat.

Since we had decided to take tours on every other port, we took the ship ATV tour in Samana, which was great. We were picked up at the dock, and taken to the AV Tour location. Now, just before our tour began, we got some rain, well, it was more then just rain, but you get my point. So, once it stopped, which was about 10 mins. We all got onto our ATV's. 99% of us knew what to do, since we had ridden them before. We then were off, and we were suppose to cross, a river, but when we got there, it was no longer a river, but, something you would see, after a Tsunami, or something along those lines. So, our guides, decided to take another route, which was just awesome. We saw places that were so poor, but the people were very pleasant. Many, had little packages of candy, and we tossed them to the kids and families. This tour lasted about 3 to 4 hours.

Now, as for Antiqua, we didn't take a tour but we walked about and found a museum, and a botanical gardens, which both were awesome. In St. Marteen, we started to walk around as well, but after a bit, we ran into some people whom needed to have a couple more to take a tour of the Dutch and French sides of the island. The tour guide was fabulous. He took us to some great places to see and take some awesome pictures of views too. We also went to this place which had a beach at the end of the runway. People, whom were on the beach area, would run up to the fence at the end of the runway, and when a plane would take off, they would see what and who could hold on the longest. We didn't take part in this option. Oh, and when we got home, we saw this on the news, and they were talking about how nuts people were, which I had to agree. He took us to allot more places and one was in the french quarter, and had the very best Rum Coconut Fruit drink. Now, they didn't speak English, but they knew exactly what were wanting. The price was very cheap as well. So, having tours all setup, doesn't mean you'll get the best tour, but if you want to have a great time, just be yourselves. This cruise was so far and above want we thought it would be. :cool:

Archived