Voyager 1/28 mini review

Debde

NOLA- great town. Big plus leaving from here. Stayed in the French Quarter at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. second time staying there so we know it was all good in a perfect location.

EMBARKATION- On in minutes. Were able to use priority line but the other line was moving fast.

STATEROOM-Royal family suite. Great room. Although not 'suite like' it was perfect for our family. First Aft room and had no soot problems and only felt minor motion. Tess was our stateroom attendant and she was just wonderful. We had flat screen TV's.

FOOD-I'm easy. MDR was excellant. WJ was also good with plenty of choices and can I say how busy it was during formal night!!! At least for this cruise it seemed many passed on the MDR.

ENTERTAINMENT-only went to the first night in the theater. Was OK. Ice show was fantastic and spent most nights at the Pig and Whistle with Derek Lewis who is The Best!!!!

CONCIERGE LOUNGE-Israel is very professional and very nice. Not crowded and if all seats were taken, which was not often, he found you a chair. Some kids, incuding my own nephews and none were running, annoying or touching food. They were all just fine.

SUITE PERKS-able to have breakfast and lunch in Portofino after getting your dish from the WJ is the best. Reserved tiered section by the pool-perfect. Seats for shows-again-I like the area's as I do not like to be up front. Upper balcony for theater, corners in studio B for the ice show.

PORTS-Falmouth-almost finished and a nice place to walk around safely. Cozumel was nice. Swam with dolphins-a life memory!! Were able to go to Grand Cayman but not me. Explanation later.

NORO VIRUS- Alive and well on our sailing and I had it. It's awful and I missed Grand Cayman as I never got out of bed. Many sick but we all know that already!!

SHIP- In Great shape.

STAFF-Everyone we came in contact with were just super. Not a complaint. Topi was a great dance teacher!!!

Short and sweet but will help with any questions..............

Already planning next cruise!!!:D

Finally someone in the royal family suite!!! We're booked for RFS 9694 on the Feb 18th sailing! Please tell me more about the suite and perks. Also, if you have any pics...they would be greatly appreciated:D:)

that was my room!!!:D no pics because I am challenged in that department but you will love it!!

Walk in:

hallway First door on right-second bedroom-no TV. good size.

First left-another hallway-first door on right-HUGE walk in closet. First door on left-smaller bathroom with shower door no curtain. Walk straight ahead to master bedroom which is again a nice size with so much closet space-you won't use it all. In your room to the left is the mater bath with tub.

Straight ahead as you walk in is a living room and dining table area. Great size for a family.

Balcony is huge. Does have lots of steel going on and can see all your neighbors above and below you if out on the railing but you really have to be looking for them to see them.

The only suite perks I did not go over was a luncheon given by the captain. Did not go as it was smart casual and the men did not have jackets or ties.:o Goodies left in the cabin often like fresh fruit, sweets and comlimentary water. Upgraded shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath gel left daily.

Did I help?-anything else???

for someone who spent a lot of time at the pig whistle

can you tell me what the beer list was like besides the typical american stuff

Was Chimey Blue on the list

did they have Sam Adams imperial white

Newcastle on draft

Anything else

Thanks

I will have to ask my son as he is the beer drinker but I can tell you the menu for beer is long. To me-it was a huge selection and I know he was thrilled at the choices. I'll get back to you on this..........;)

While you're checking with your son about the beer list, does either you or he recall whether Pig n Whistle has hard cider available? Don't do beer, but love me some hard cider :). Thanks and glad you enjoyed your cruise. We're sailing on her 2/25 and hoping the Noro has calmed down a little by then.

Patricia

that was my room!!!:D no pics because I am challenged in that department but you will love it!!

Walk in:

hallway First door on right-second bedroom-no TV. good size.

First left-another hallway-first door on right-HUGE walk in closet. First door on left-smaller bathroom with shower door no curtain. Walk straight ahead to master bedroom which is again a nice size with so much closet space-you won't use it all. In your room to the left is the mater bath with tub.

Straight ahead as you walk in is a living room and dining table area. Great size for a family.

Balcony is huge. Does have lots of steel going on and can see all your neighbors above and below you if out on the railing but you really have to be looking for them to see them.

The only suite perks I did not go over was a luncheon given by the captain. Did not go as it was smart casual and the men did not have jackets or ties.:o Goodies left in the cabin often like fresh fruit, sweets and comlimentary water. Upgraded shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath gel left daily.

Did I help?-anything else???

Yay...did you order dinner in the suite off of the menu any night instead of going to the dining room? How was that? Also, did you have any kids along and if so what were their ages? How was Adventure Ocean? We're only cruised on Carnival so we're very interested in AO for the kids! I'm trying to think of more...I'm sure I'll find some more questions soon :) Thanks!!

While you're checking with your son about the beer list, does either you or he recall whether Pig n Whistle has hard cider available? Don't do beer, but love me some hard cider :). Thanks and glad you enjoyed your cruise. We're sailing on her 2/25 and hoping the Noro has calmed down a little by then.

Patricia

Will ask as I do not remember seeing it on the menu but he would know!!

My stateroom attendant was telling us the cleaning proceedure after an outbreak!! Oh boy they had alot of work ahead so I would think it would be cleared up by then.

Yay...did you order dinner in the suite off of the menu any night instead of going to the dining room? How was that? Also, did you have any kids along and if so what were their ages? How was Adventure Ocean? We're only cruised on Carnival so we're very interested in AO for the kids! I'm trying to think of more...I'm sure I'll find some more questions soon :) Thanks!!

Did not order dinner in but a full menu will be in a leather binder on your table. Trust me-it reads like in room dining and not in room snacking!!!:D That my kids did often.

My 9 year old nephews did the AO program and we hardly ever saw them. They loved it. They had parties, pirate parades, scavanger hunts, WJ dinner night, jammie night, magician tricks......... the list goes on. They came home with so much loot. Hats, pillow cases, backpacks, T-shirts-you name it!!!

So glad to hear that your nephews loved AO. We will be sailing with 4 kids ages 11, 9, 8 and 6. They have always had fun at Camp Carnival and can't wait for AO! I have read some posts stating that suite guests received a letter via email prior to departure from their concierge. Did you receive this letter? Just wondering what to expect. Thanks again for the info!!

So glad to hear that your nephews loved AO. We will be sailing with 4 kids ages 11, 9, 8 and 6. They have always had fun at Camp Carnival and can't wait for AO! I have read some posts stating that suite guests received a letter via email prior to departure from their concierge. Did you receive this letter? Just wondering what to expect. Thanks again for the info!!

Yes, his name is Israel and he is so nice. He even helped me with an issue even before I was on board. He sent it about a week prior to the cruise.

The kids are going to love AO!!! So that mean so will you!!!:D

Archived