tour buses available at the pier?

Feliseop

I will be in St. Kitts in a few weeks. I was wondering if there are tour buses at the pier that pick up groups and do an island tour. I have done this on other islands and have lucked out by getting a good tour at an inexpensive price. Anyone done this? Thanks for the info.

I don't recall seeing any big, 40 passenger buses. I did see lots of cab/vans that would probably do what you are looking for.

I know there are several excellant, small tour companies that you can pre-book. When we were in St. Kitts in Jan 2012, we had 3 port days in a row. This was our third, so we just grabbed a cab to South Friars' Beach.

When we got off of our ship and went into St Kitts there were many people selling island tours. Some of them very persistant and annoying. Our dinner mates went on an island tour from there and said it was really nice so you should be able to find something inexpensive that way.

Hello, van tours for 4to6 people are $80 to$100 plus tip. At the port exit there will be drivers picking up cruisers as the taxi buses are to the right around the corner. The tours should last 4to 4and a half hours and do a full circuit around the island including Brimstone Hill and the batik and gardens. To go to the Eastern end is a different trip. You could walk 5 minutes from the terminal to the circus where there always lots of taxi buses and negotiate and so more chance of the lower rate.

Archived