Transportation from Amalfi back to port Naples??

abo418

The cruise docks at 7am. I would like to travel by myself therefore I'm planning to take the train from Naples to Sorrento>> SITA bus to Positano and Amalfi coast (and Ravello if possible?) ...however, how should i get back to the Port from there by 6pm? by ferry? by bus or what? and how long is the ride gonna be?

It depends on the time of year, many of the ferrys are seasonal only.

Even during the season, however, the ferry service from the Amalfi Coast towns is pretty limited and requires a change in Sorrento.

Bottom line, I wouldn't count on it.

This is a difficult trip to do using public transport. It's possible, but not easy.

There are buses from Naples to the Amalfi Coast, you don't need to do the tram to train to bus routing. The SITA bus leaves from Varco Immacolatella, a short and easy walk from the cruise port, and goes all the way to Amalfi. This trip takes two hours. From there you can get a bus to Ravello that takes about 20 minutes.

You can see the current Sita bus schedule here: http://www.sitabus.it/sitabus/campania/orarioCAMPANIA/QUADROXV.pdf

It depends on the time of year, many of the ferrys are seasonal only.

Even during the season, however, the ferry service from the Amalfi Coast towns is pretty limited and requires a change in Sorrento.

Bottom line, I wouldn't count on it.

This is a difficult trip to do using public transport. It's possible, but not easy.

There are buses from Naples to the Amalfi Coast, you don't need to do the tram to train to bus routing. The SITA bus leaves from Varco Immacolatella, a short and easy walk from the cruise port, and goes all the way to Amalfi. This trip takes two hours. From there you can get a bus to Ravello that takes about 20 minutes.

You can see the current Sita bus schedule here: http://www.sitabus.it/sitabus/campania/orarioCAMPANIA/QUADROXV.pdf

Thanks for your help !

got few more qs

1. IF i do really want to get on a ferry from one place to another (for a different view from the sea), which 2 places shall i go for?

2.looking at the bus schedule you attached, for the return trip back to Napoli, "AMALFI - NAPOLI" ,there are only 2 buses run in a day (5.45 and 6.20am)? am i looking at the wrong one? sorry i dont quite get the timetable... :(

That's the current schedule. Remember that the Amalfi Coast is a tourist area that, to a large extent, shuts down during the winter. The buses are for residents who need to get into the city in the morning, with one return back to the coast at night.

There will be a different schedule during the season but there's no way, that I know of anyhow, to see that on line now.

Archived