Hilton New Orleans Riverside Comments Please

Puffinater

I stayed there for a work conference last year. Very nice with all the amenities you would expect at a four-star hotel. We were able to walk to Bourbon Street and several restaurants in the French Quarter in a reasonable amount of time (15-20 minutes if I remember correctly.)

Sorry I am not 100% sure of the cab charges, I want to say $35 from the airport, and the hotel is so close to the port it has to be minimal.

just wanted to chime in to say you made a great choice. i stayed there last saturday night post-cruise. walked from the cruise terminal to the hotel (10 minutes tops--with a camera bag, backpack, and wheeled suitcase) and they let me check in at 7:30 in the morning. walked to mother's for breakfast (be sure to do this--the black ham is amazing) and then along river to french quarter. walked BACK to hotel then BACK to FQ later that night (that's how close it is) and took shelter from a storm in cheesy riverwalk mall that's actually attached to the hotel (so i didn't have to risk killing my dslr that i was wearing around my neck when it started to pour) check out is super easy and can be done on the in-room phone, which was much appreciated at 4 in the morning when i had to check out (for a 6:00 flight) AND there was someone there at valet at 4 am to call me cab.

oh and i walked through harrahs on my way back from the quarter the first time and won $25 on my way through. so that was nice too. :o

I've also stayed there both for work and fun. It can be a seriously crowded place, since it also is one of the major convention hotels.

I agree that it's very convenient to everything downtown. In addition to what the others have mentioned, there is a stop for the waterfront trolley line right outside the front door. This is an inexpensive, fun thing to do if you have kids with you, or if you want to get down to the French Market or the far end of the Quarter and then walk back.

I booked a room for 2 in November, 2011, my credit card was charged for one night on Nov. 11, 2011. On Valentines day I received a call from Hilton Reservations informing me they had "overbooked" and our reservation has been cancelled.......:confused: It did no good to tell them it was our 46th anniversary and we had already made plans for deliveries to 2 Poydras St. Hilton.........She truly did not care and only "suggested" we try to find a room further out from town as there is prob nothing available close to town for the weekend of Feb 24th.........Disgusted. What ever happened to customer service? I thought if you bought something and paid in advance it was a binding contract.............Not so with Hilton.......I ain't thru yet...........Nanna has not finished with you yet Hilton !:mad:

May have used LMT for the first and last time. I had read about foreign transaction fees being applied to charges made to them and sure enough it happened to me. Even though this appears to be something they are quite aware of they will not remove the charge without a copy of my credit card statement. Not happening. Did a copy and paste and received an email back stating they wanted a copy of my statement. I don't think this is something a customer should have to go through. So while I got a great price their customer relations/service gets a big fat zero. Looks like it is back to PL and Hotwire for me.

I booked a room for 2 in November, 2011, my credit card was charged for one night on Nov. 11, 2011. On Valentines day I received a call from Hilton Reservations informing me they had "overbooked" and our reservation has been cancelled.......:confused: It did no good to tell them it was our 46th anniversary and we had already made plans for deliveries to 2 Poydras St. Hilton.........She truly did not care and only "suggested" we try to find a room further out from town as there is prob nothing available close to town for the weekend of Feb 24th.........Disgusted. What ever happened to customer service? I thought if you bought something and paid in advance it was a binding contract.............Not so with Hilton.......I ain't thru yet...........Nanna has not finished with you yet Hilton !:mad:

That really sucks. I think good customer service is a thing of the past.

May have used LMT for the first and last time. I had read about foreign transaction fees being applied to charges made to them and sure enough it happened to me. Even though this appears to be something they are quite aware of they will not remove the charge without a copy of my credit card statement. Not happening. Did a copy and paste and received an email back stating they wanted a copy of my statement. I don't think this is something a customer should have to go through. So while I got a great price their customer relations/service gets a big fat zero. Looks like it is back to PL and Hotwire for me.

Thanks for the information Puff!

Archived