Any Info...Hyatt Regency New Orleans Hotel

Puffinater

The Hyatt is next door to the Superdome. This is in the Central Business District. We went during the Saints-Lions game and they have done a wonderful job redoing it. The lobby and lounge areas are beautiful. It is on Loyola Avenue near the corner of Poydras. They are working on Loyola Avenue right now putting down streetcar tracks. There is a new sports bar/restaurant called Walk-ons that just opened across the street.

Taxi from airport should be standard - I think $33 for 2. Check http://www.flymsy.com. Taxi to port is usually $7 each from other posts I have seen.

If the rates are the same I would also go with the Hilton. You are next to the Riverwalk and close to shopping and the Aquarium. The Hyatt is beautiful (and new), but it is in the business district. It is still not far though from the Quarter (& Bourbon Street) either way, but the Hilton would be a little closer and easier to navigate from.

Archived