so I thought I was crazy for planning every aspect of my outfit...

LEXIpoo

I LOVE dressing up, so I travel on Cunard, my cruise in Feb/Mch has 5 formal nights 5 Semi formal and 7 Elegant Casual. Very dressy.

I make a list on paper of dresses + stoles , each dress usually has at least 3 stoles and matching bags, so that I can wear the dres more than one night.

I live in a very small condo, just 2 rooms, kitchen and bath so no room to lay things out but the paper list can be changed endless times - and has been.

Each persons list of things, type etc to pack will depend on the cruise line they choose, and the style of cruise. A list for say Norwegian will be very different to that for Crystal or Cunard.

One thing I would advise is that you do not plan to buy cosmetics on board any ship, the choice is very limited,the colours very limited, and often they do not stock the obvious. On Cunard for instance they did not stock Hair spray, and the foundation colour was for Afro-American women , not one bottle for Caucasion types. This on a Transatlantic cruise!

I LOVE dressing up, so I travel on Cunard, my cruise in Feb/Mch has 5 formal nights 5 Semi formal and 7 Elegant Casual. Very dressy.

I make a list on paper of dresses + stoles , each dress usually has at least 3 stoles and matching bags, so that I can wear the dres more than one night.

I live in a very small condo, just 2 rooms, kitchen and bath so no room to lay things out but the paper list can be changed endless times - and has been.

Each persons list of things, type etc to pack will depend on the cruise line they choose, and the style of cruise. A list for say Norwegian will be very different to that for Crystal or Cunard.

One thing I would advise is that you do not plan to buy cosmetics on board any ship, the choice is very limited,the colours very limited, and often they do not stock the obvious. On Cunard for instance they did not stock Hair spray, and the foundation colour was for Afro-American women , not one bottle for Caucasion types. This on a Transatlantic cruise!

To date Cunard was definitely the most dressy cruise line we've been on. It was great, the whole time, seeing people so well turned out. Even casual nights plenty of men wore sportscoats and ties, women wore cocktail dresses. Formal night was truly formal, gowns and tuxes all the way!

The first night on most lines is somewhat casual, with a lot of people still in their travel clothes. Not so on QM2, we saw one party of 6 (3 couples) in jeans and quite casual, they stuck out like a sore thumb.

I'd love to cruise Cunard again :)

Archived