Norwegian Dawn's excellent crew & staff.

maja

Having been on the Dawn 7 times, I've commented from the start that her crew and staff are the best I've ever encountered on any ship or line I've sailed.

I read somewhere that during this past week's terrifying experience, most passengers stated the crew was terrific. I'm not surprised. Congratulations NCL, you've trained your staff & crew to the highest level.

As former crew of Norwegian Dawn for 3 times i will like to thank you for your opinion . Is true that is the best crew in NCL regarding paseengers comments (is a new ship), with the best crew welfare in the entire fleet. Regarding training of the crew is standard to the entire fleet , you will have the same service and safety trained crew in any other ship in the fleet.

We are setting sail tomorrow afternoon (!!!!!!!) and are looking forward to meeting this fantastic crew! I also must commend the way the NCL management has been handling this whole difficult turn of events. I feel that they really have tried to do all that they could to make our cruise tomorrow as enjoyable as possible and I don't plan to let them down! :D

I just came off the Dawn with the rogue wave, and yes, I will have to agree the crew was absolutely terrific, not just during this harrowing experience, but throughout the entire cruise. I never once saw an unfriendly face, everyone always smiled and said Hi how you doing? I must admit, the crew remained very calm during the experience, even though a few of them said they had been working for years (some of them 20+ years) and had never experienced anything like that. They must have been scared, like we were, but you never would have known it.

I would have to agree that the entire crew on the Dawn were terrific!!! From the moment we stepped on the ship, we were treated to excellent service and it was done with a sincerity that came from the heart. I worked for many years in the service industry and can spot the phony "caring" that is so prevelant today. Never once did I feel that they were just doing a job.

I also have to say that I felt very blessed to have such knowledgable people handling things the last few days on this past cruise. Without them, I would have to say I would have run off that ship the minute we hit SC, instead we finished our cruise on the Dawn and arrived none the worse for wear.

I will be happy to cruise with NCL again.

I would have to agree that the entire crew on the Dawn were terrific!!! From the moment we stepped on the ship, we were treated to excellent service and it was done with a sincerity that came from the heart. I worked for many years in the service industry and can spot the phony "caring" that is so prevelant today. Never once did I feel that they were just doing a job.

I also have to say that I felt very blessed to have such knowledgable people handling things the last few days on this past cruise. Without them, I would have to say I would have run off that ship the minute we hit SC, instead we finished our cruise on the Dawn and arrived none the worse for wear.

I will be happy to cruise with NCL again.

Good for you! Glad to hear it! Though we weren't there last week. We also love the Dawn crew!

in light of the wonderful service of the Dawn's staff during the stormy weather and after the wave, the fact that you were practically 'refunded' the cost of your cruises.. did you guys leave really good tips for the staff??

I've listened to several TV news reports and all seem to differ on amounts that were refunded to passengers. Did all pasengers get the same deal?

I've heard a half refund, a 25% refund in additional to half off or 25% off next cruise on NCL(non-transferable). Which is right?

It's an act of nature not the cruise ships fault. You lived to tell the tale.

I'd be happy with a 50% refund for a half day of hell on a cruise.

I'd be happy with a 25% refund. And giving half off my next cruise I'd be signing up however I'll book inside mid ship from now on!

We started out with a 25% discount and open bar on Thursday due to the problems with customs in Miami. After the storm we received a letter stating we would receive a 50% credit on our credit card and 50% credit towards another cruise. I would like to say that even though the Bar waiters/waitresses and tenders were no longer receiving auto gratuities due to the open bar, their service never waivered. I brought this up in front of another pax and he said there still getting paid. I tried to explain, but it was no use. I tend to use the same waiter/waitress for the cruise and made it a point to tip extra. I hope NCL will compensate their staff in some way to make up for their loss. The whole crew was top notch. My hat is off to them all.:) :) :)

in light of the wonderful service of the Dawn's staff during the stormy weather and after the wave, the fact that you were practically 'refunded' the cost of your cruises.. did you guys leave really good tips for the staff??

Sadly I heard and saw many people going to guest relations to remove their automatic gratuites as some sort of protest. Why they would punish the people that took such good care of them all week is beyond me. I also have nothing but great things to say about all of the staff aboard the Dawn and would not hesitate to sail her again.

I also heard many people asking for service charges to be taken off their bill while I was waiting for my final bill at the reception counter. I honestly found their comments to be ignorant and not worth listening to. My husband and I felt further tipping our cabin stewards was the right thing to do. They were extremely appreciative. They actually began a towel-animal competition with my 12 yr. old. She couldn't wait to get back to the cabin at night to see what animal it would be. Then she would leave one for them. We really had a great time on the Dawn and can't wait to sail with NCL again.

After three cruises on the Dawn and a fourth booked next year, it is refreshing to find our confidence in the ship and crew confirmed by so many people. The passengers on this unfortunate cruise were fortunate to have had Capt. Peterstam, Hotel Director Klaus and Concierge Ruth as they are the best you will find on any cruise ship.

Archived