Upgrades on Dawn?

My husband and I have a Balcony "BE" GTY for the Dawn's May 30th sailing and are still waiting for a cabin assignment. We have asked our TA to inquire about an upgrade. She said that NCL told her to call back 2 days before sailing in order to inquire again when they will be more certain about what will be available.

Having never before booked a GTY, I'm not sure of what to expect, except that I won't wind up with anything below a BE category.
Is there any chance to be bumped up to a suite or is the best I can hope for is a higher Balcony category? Anyone had experience with this on the Dawn?
Thanks,
Linda

Just a thought about your cabin assignment and I have no idea if it will help you find something out...I know when I sailed GTY on Royal Caribbean when I repeatedly checked my online documentation forms, eventually my cabin number showed there, before my TA told it to me....I know you can do online documentation for Norwegian, I just wonder if your cabin assignment would show there (and it is subject to change up till sailing, but at least you would have an idea...)

Explorer of the Seas (Western Caribbean) 12/7/02
Serenade of the Seas (Canada) 9/25/03
Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas) 2/16/04
Norwegian Dawn (Bahamas) 2/20/05

Until we sail the Dawn!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2005;2;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I have booked several GTY cabins and only once did I have to wait for a cabin assignment. I just book a cabin under inside Gty for July and got my room assignment already. I did get an upgrade from the lowest deck to deck 10 which was great.
On Celebrity I got upgrade and was assigned cabin 2 weeks after booking.
If you can do docks on line that is how I found my room assignment.
You could also call and ask if upgrades are available you would be interested, this does help occassionally and can never hurt.
Good luck and happy sailing.

NCL Dawn 7/2004
Celebrity Summit 4/2004
Carnival Paradise 4/2002
MSC Melody 9/2001
Reniassance R7 9/2000
Carnival Triump 9/1999

We booked an outside cat G guarantee and ended up with a BA balcony - altho we did have to pay a $75 pp upgrade fee. I thought it was an excellent deal. Didn't get the offer until 10 days before sailing...

Norwegian Dawn 2/29/04
Carnival Inspiration 3/9/03
Pacific Princess 9/23/01
Celebrity Century 10/1/99

Thanks all, for the advice! Since NCL does not seem to have cabin information on-line I will call my TA again, as I see from postings on the NCL Roll call for the 5/30 sailing that cabin assignments have been made. I'll let you know how I do.

If its not too late you can call NCL and ask that you want to send flowers to your room and ask them the room number. They will give you that...

Proud charter member of the PPS-Passport Pusher Society
Oceania Insignia(Athens to Venice)-something new!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;26;23;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
[email]smeyer418@yahoo.com[/email]
Celebrity, NCL, Overnight Ferry, hydrofoil between countries, car ferries and river cruise and of course the Staten Island Ferry

Archived