Bon Voyage Bottle Limit

BigDog™

Just called Bon Voyage to order the alcohol for our Liberty cruise on the 25th and was told there is now a 4 bottle (liquor, not beer) per cabin limit. I told her in September I ordered 8 bottles for our cabin and she said this is a new policy. Sure is new to me. Anyone else experience or hear of this yet?

Just called Bon Voyage to order the alcohol for our Liberty cruise on the 25th and was told there is now a 4 bottle (liquor, not beer) per cabin limit. I told her in September I ordered 8 bottles for our cabin and she said this is a new policy. Sure is new to me. Anyone else experience or hear of this yet?

Feel free to have some delivered to my cabin :D

Actually could you do that? Is it 4 bottles ordered per stateroom or 4 bottles delivered per stateroom. I'm sure me and Cass would have no problem walking 4 bottles to your cabin that first day.

We do appreciate the offer but we should be OK. In September we actually ran out :eek::eek: and ordered from room service and it was the same price, but they would only bring 1 bottle at a time. I will just start ordering an extra bottle each day from the 1st day and we will be fine. Hope to meet you guys on the ship though.....we are in 8416....and will usually be in karaoke or piano bar at night.

I ordered last week and was told a 4 bottle maximum. I assumed it was because there are 2 people in our cabin of drinking age and you are allowed 2 bottles each. I could be wrong (and Im sure if I am several people will make it a point to let me know :rolleyes:).

We do appreciate the offer but we should be OK. In September we actually ran out :eek::eek: and ordered from room service and it was the same price, but they would only bring 1 bottle at a time. I will just start ordering an extra bottle each day from the 1st day and we will be fine. Hope to meet you guys on the ship though.....we are in 8416....and will usually be in karaoke or piano bar at night.

so, I am confused big dog??? are you saying that if you are on a 7day starting at sat and runout by thursday, you can order thru room service? I thought that was a no, no.. just wondering, because I am a heavy drinker.

so, I am confused big dog??? are you saying that if you are on a 7day starting at sat and runout by thursday, you can order thru room service? I thought that was a no, no.. just wondering, because I am a heavy drinker.

I have not done this personally, but on previous threads I've seen where folks were able to order bottles through Room Service and/or Guest Services.

Yes.....you can order full bottles for the same Bon Voyage price from room service. At least you could on Destiny and on Liberty last year. They told me it was 1 bottle per day, not sure if you could get away with more than that or not though as we did not try. They brought the bottle chilled and on ice each time.

Yes.....you can order full bottles for the same Bon Voyage price from room service. At least you could on Destiny and on Liberty last year. They told me it was 1 bottle per day, not sure if you could get away with more than that or not though as we did not try. They brought the bottle chilled and on ice each time.

ok thanks for the message... was worrying about that one!!!

Perhaps that applies to liqour because abo0ut three weeks ago I ordered a case of wine to be delivered to our suite in March and they have already charged my credit card for the whole case of 12 bottles. Our cruise is for 9 days and between dinner and whatever else we might do that case won't last the entire cruise.

I ordered last week and was told a 4 bottle maximum. I assumed it was because there are 2 people in our cabin of drinking age and you are allowed 2 bottles each. I could be wrong (and Im sure if I am several people will make it a point to let me know :rolleyes:).

I was told the same thing last week by BV.

Here's another good reason to join the roll call here on CC and make friends before you go. You could always order it to a room of a willing cc member and pay for it yourself. After all gifts are the whole idea of this department so calling it in to someone else's cabin shouldn't be an issue;);)

We had 24 x bottles champagne, one bottle each of Tequilla, Kahlua, Grand Marnier, courvousier, grey gooose and chambourd! We also had a further 4 x bottles prosecco as gifts. (14 - 28th jan). We really thought we would use it, we didnt :eek:(spent all our time in the bars etc) We got if OFF the ship on one of our ports to family (thankfully), gave a few away (spa girls and cabin steward) and learned our lesson... DONT ORDER BON VOYAGE :D:D

Wish they had set a 4 bottle limit on us!!!

It's hard to imagine why they'd want to limit the sale of anything with a 400% mark-up, but I'm a Controller for a company that does not own a cruiseline, so what do I know?

Because the 400% markup is still below the 800% markup at the onboard bars.

Archived