Who has got upgrades/cabins changed after final payment

inaspin

Is this your first cabin assignment? Were you booked guaranteed? We booked guaranteed and received a cabin number about 3 weeks ago...wonder what the chance of upgrade will be after already being assigned a cabin?

Today (4/19), I received an upgrade for the 4/23 SAPPHIRE PRINCESS sailing ... category E to BB. :) It's never too late!

Is this your first cabin assignment? Were you booked guaranteed? We booked guaranteed and received a cabin number about 3 weeks ago...wonder what the chance of upgrade will be after already being assigned a cabin?

I booked in November 2003, and held the same cabin number until today!

We booked an interior and then I saw where the cost of an unobstructed window was 200 less then the one we had as an interior, so the TA called Princess and we go the upgrade, after final payment. We did not any money back just the upgrade which is fine with us.

I have see balconies on this cruise and they are there, but right now they want 350 a person to upgrade, so we wait and see.

Alaska 5-30 Sun

momentintime- i booked a guaranteed af about 3 weeks ago, and about aweek later got bumped to a ab, and then i got my docs with the c220 ab on them. I still hope to get bumped up, i had to call the cruiseline for some info and the lady on the phone said i might have good chance of another bump (a standard line i'm sure,LOL).

Murphey - thanks for the info i think we will too.

Just retured from the Coral. My sister had booked a handicapped cabin for her and my parents six months ago because my Mom was taking her wheel chair and her walker. This was a specific request.

Carol,

Sorry to hear about your cabin troubles. But, I do have a question. Did you have medical documentation on file (form filled out by your doctor) with Princess, or did you just have a general request?

I know people in the past who have been assigned handicapped cabins (all that was available when booking after final payment) and have actually been mooved an/or 'upgraded' because someone who needed (medical letter from doctor) the handicapped cabin later requested it.

The only outside cabin available on all 4 sectors when I booked was a Handicapped cabin but i was FIRMLY told no way could I have that as all such cabins were reserved for wheelchair passengers

(Fair enough i would certainly not wish to stop a wheelchair user having a handicapped cabin )

But clearly Princess have some very strange policies going on if it suits them ........when they kick out a wheelchair user from a handicapped cabin

Hence why I am more than fed up waiting for Princess to decide if they are going to help me avoid constantly changing cabins from 5/2

I have offered to pay the $900 difference for a balcony cabin throughout but they have refused point blank to allow that and want $2000

$2000 is daylight robbery when they have balcony cabins still available and on offer to new bookings at only $900 more than I paid for insides

Carol,

Sorry to hear about your cabin troubles. But, I do have a question. Did you have medical documentation on file (form filled out by your doctor) with Princess, or did you just have a general request?

I know people in the past who have been assigned handicapped cabins (all that was available when booking after final payment) and have actually been mooved an/or 'upgraded' because someone who needed (medical letter from doctor) the handicapped cabin later requested it.

On our last cruise, Moms doctor issued documentation, which we sent to our TA. On this trip, we asked if we needed to provide the doctor's note again and our TA said no, he still had the doctor's note on file. At this time, we are not sure how this happend, not sure we will ever know for sure, how the room was reassigned, within days of the cruise.

Carol

Sponger Bob ................

All the problems I have encountered have been down to Princess

not through my choosing and my complaint is the differing tales i have been told both by TA and by Princess and the crazy way they treat people

I dont have cabin assignments .......i have guarantees and promises which by the look of things amount to a joke

If it had been possible to book well in advance I would have done so ......not everyone has that freedom

As things stand it seems the best thing is to make a "new" booking 2-3 weeks before departure certainly never ever book close to final payment date and never ever believe what TAs or Princess tell you

You booked guarantees to save money in exchange for giving up the ability to select a cabin. You have received what you bargained for. I know I won't change your mind, and I'm not even trying, I'm just hoping that someone else considering a similar plan will realize that you can't book a guarantee and then dictate cabin choice.

If all thats available at the time is guarantees what on earth are you supposed to do ?

I am quite happy to pay for an upgrade but see no reason to pay $2000 for something they are offering to others for $900

You didn't mind accepting a couple of those more expensive cabins when they cost you nothing. Look, you booked at a late date and took what you could get. It's a case of how the cookie crumbles. If you'd waited a few days or however long it took, you'd be happy. Not every roll of the dice comes up a winner.

As a last resort, how about asking nicely once you are on board if you make a more pleasing arrangement?

We always book a guarantee & are willing to accept whatever we are

assigned.

We have been upgraded before final payment, after final payment,

at the pier & sometimes not at all. We know going in that you are not

"GUARANTEED" anything except the catagory you actually paid for and

since we're not particular about cabin location we take our chances.

Just yesterday we rec'd notification that we were given a Penthouse Suite

on our 5/1 Golden sailing. Those kind of upgrades are far & few between

but we have never been unhappy with the guarantee method.

We will be traveling with a group of 8 couples.
Has anyone, traveling with a group, been upgraded as a group?
Last year, we all got upgraded on RCL 1 cat. Is it possible with Princess? This will be our 3rd Princess cruise for all 8 couples.

As always, thanks for any info. I love these boards.......they really do help!

Archived