Eco tours - shark ray alley

wenderbender

Has anyone used Eco tours lately to go to shark ray alley? We did this tour several years ago with coral breeze, but was thinking of trying Eco tours. We didn't like that coral breeze showed up late and we spent a long time waiting. Once we got started everything was fine, but I was hoping Eco tours was more professional.

We used to have this timing issue with Coral Breeze several years ago, but they apparently have made some timing changes & do not accept clients from NCL due to a very slow tendering process & it is now fine, IMHO.

And that local lunch on Caye Caulker is a sure winner !

Bill in FL

Edited by Will in sunny FL

I hope they did change their policy regarding departure times. We had to wait and wait both times we went with them. As a result our excursion time was reduced. Our last trip with them was in Jan 2011 so I would look for reviews after that date. I know that on that date in Jan 2011, NCL was not in port with us, so I tend to think it is just standard operating procedure. FYI... We did book with Ecotours in 2009, but they canceled on us do to weather so we ended up booking with Coral Breeze. This was our first time with Coral Breeze After signing up with them they told us to come back in an hour. When we showed up an hour later and we waited for another hour before we finally left. When we went in Jan 2011 we were required to wear life jackets which puts a damper on things for experienced snorklers. That is usually one advantage to booking a non ship excursion. Belize is just a tough port with the tenders. My suggestion would be to try to find ship excursion where you do not have to tender in first. I have not done one, so I do not have any suggestions.

I do think that it is their norm to not leave on time. I remember how agrivating it was last time, so I would prefer to give my business to someone else.

I would love to not tender in, but we really want to swim with the sharks.

I think we will just try Eco tours however I would love to hear a recent experience with them.

Thanks

I would be so disappointed if there were no sharks. When we did the tour about five years ago I think there were about five or six sharks. My kids chickened out last time, but my son wants to redeem himself this time. Although last time even the other adults chickened out except for my husband and myself. I wasn't sure why they paid all that money to stay in the boat!

• 3 years later...