Is the Sensation tiny?

jessiec33

Just looked online at some pictures of the Sensation which to me never having cruised before looks like a huge ship. Came to a picture of the ship parked next to another one that makes it look absolutely tiny. Was looking forward to being on a large ship thought I would feel more stable and not get sea sick and would think a larger ship would have more amenities. Am I wrong???? Convince me I will be happy cruising on the Sensation!!!!!

Trust me- tiny they are not! Any more than a 6 foot guy is tiny- unless you put him next to a 7'9" guy. Just try walking front to back on the Sensation a couple of times and you will realize how big even the smaller ones are.

The Sensation is a Fantasy Class ship. They're all 855 feet long (far from tiny!!!) and 103 feet wide.

She has a gross tonnage of 70,367 tons.

My first Carnival ship was a Fantasy Class and my jaw dropped when I saw how big she was!!!

:)

Bigger ships have more 'stuff' but aren't necessarily more stable. All of Carnival's ships have stabilizers (wing like structures that can protrude from the side of the ship near the bow) to help prevent excessive motion.

Any ship in high seas will move about but normally the ride is very nice, indeed!

:)

I really enjoy the size of the Fantasy Class ships (Sensation is one of them). I have sailed them many times, they are very easy to navigate and I love the buffet options for lunch. There is a grill outside and other options inside, so dont forget to check them all out. I also enjoy the serenity deck out back when I want to get away from the activity on the lido deck.

I am sure you will have a great time!

We cruised her last March and boarded on a cool, windy, rainy day. For the first couple of hours after we set sail I could feel the movement. We had early seating for dinner and once we were through and moving around again, I felt no movement. DH thought they don't get the stabilizers out until they're out of the channel. We had a great time. Enjoy!

Archived