KIDS PROGRAMS----12 ALMOST 13

joycemh

WE WILL BE ON THE SEA 5/29. HOW STRICT ARE THEY WITH THE AGES IN THE KIDS PROGRAMS. OUT BOYS ARE 12 AND I KNOW THEY WON'T WANT TO BE IN THE PROGRAM FOR 9 TO 12 IF MOST OF THE KIDS ARE AT THE YOUNGER END. THEY ARE BOTH GOING INTO THE 7TH GRADE AND ARE INTO MUSIC ,VIDEO GAMES, INTERESTED IN GIRLS AND LIKE TO GO TO DANCES ETC. THE TEEN GROUP SOUNDS LIKE MORE THEIR SPEED. WHEN WE WERE ON THE RHAPSODY FOR SPRING BREAK THEY BOTH TOOK OFF THEIR WRIST BANDS SO THEY COULD PARTICPATE IN THE TEEN PROGRAM AND HAD A BALL. HAD QUITE A BAR BILL FOR THE VIRGIN FROZEN DRINKS.

WOULD LIKE ANY INPUT FROM FORMER CRUISERS WITH KIDS OUR KIDS AGE

JOYCE

Hi there,

I worked in the Kids program on NCL and have had many many experiences like this. The 10-12 program is quite fun and there almost always a bunch of kids their age so I wouldn't worry too much. There are differences in the 10-12 program and the teen program. In the 10-12 program some examples of activities include:

Watching movies, playing video games, karoke, going to some of the on-board shows, Survivor etc.

Teen program includes:

Group dinners, The dating game, battle of the sexes, karoke, teen disco ( but that usually runs from about 11:00pm - 1:00am or so).

I worked during peak season so there were a TON of kids on board. Quite often parents expressed their concerns about their children being too old for "little kids games". This happens all the time but I assure you that the kids in the 10-12 age group are presently suprised with the program. The teen program is great, but quite often the bulk of the kids in that group are 15-17 years old and they more often participate in the activites in the evening. I assure you that your kids will have a great time. I hope this helps!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY. I GUESS THEY SHOULD TRY IT BEFORE WE JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS. I KNOW ON THE RHAPSODY THEY DID TRY THEIR AGE GROUP, BUT MOST OF THE KIDS IN THEIR GRADE WERE IN THE OLDER GROUP. THE AGE GROUPINGS ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT ON THE TWO CRUISE LINES. SO GUESS WE'LL TRY.

THANKS
JOYCE

Archived