Royal romance has ended

jenmac1978

Hello all - For those of you whom it might be informative; I have just found out that Royal Caribbean has stopped using the Royal Romance wedding consultants and RC now handles all wedding planning themselves. I'm getting married on RC Explorer of the Seas in Sept 2012. I had a hard time reaching the wedding consultants assigned to my planning (like I have read so many others had) and reached out to Royal Caribbean for help. I received an apology along with the explanation that they have terminated their business with the third party planners. This is a relief since those other planners didn't seem to have a grip on anything.

I don’t know for sure but I think Princess may have ended their relationship with TWE as well. I got an email yesterday from someone saying that the person who had been handling my arrangements was no longer working with Princess weddings. When they sent me an invoice today, the header was changed from Tie The Knot to Princess Weddings. I think this is awesome news because this coordinator is getting back to me within hours instead of me having to send an email, wait a week, send the same email again and then finally get a response 3 days later.

This is mentioned in the Royal Romance post. It happened a few weeks ago - many of the ladies including myself were having trouble getting in touch with them and found this out. I asked my travel agent and she confirmed it - They've dropped TWE and are taking the wedding service on in house for a better experience... Watch this space!!

Hello all - For those of you whom it might be informative; I have just found out that Royal Caribbean has stopped using the Royal Romance wedding consultants and RC now handles all wedding planning themselves. I'm getting married on RC Explorer of the Seas in Sept 2012. I had a hard time reaching the wedding consultants assigned to my planning (like I have read so many others had) and reached out to Royal Caribbean for help. I received an apology along with the explanation that they have terminated their business with the third party planners. This is a relief since those other planners didn't seem to have a grip on anything.

Jen how far along did you book your cruise? I am looking for 2013 and they don't have anything yet.

Where are you sailing from? When I called they didn't have the prices for aug 2013 for the explorer of the seas. I want to book as soon as it is open in order to give notice to family and friends.

I heard rumors that RCI will open their schedules for summer 2013 next month sometime. Right now you can book through April only. Keep checking! As soon as it opens up I'd definitely book. Then you can track the prices and upgrade your cabins to get the best deal. We paid for an H (oceanview on deck 2) and we were able to upgrade up to an E3 aft balcony because I obsessively checked the prices and as soon as they fell I put a hold on the room I wanted and called my TA to grab it up for me. So far almost every guest except two have gotten pretty nice upgrades!

Archived