Dress Code for Kids

AlexsDogPound

We are on the 8 day Valor sailing on March 31st. We have a 10 year old boy, a 8 year old boy, two 8 year old girls, and a 6 year old boy.

The big question is what is acceptable on Carnival? We have been on Princess before and it was a rather strict dress policy, and we've heard Carnival isn't so bad.

Is it okay for all the kids to wear shorts in the MDR other than the 2 formal nights when they will wear pants, shirts and ties, and dresses?

What footwear is acceptable? Are beach flip flops okay? crocs? stylish sandals like platform flip flops for the girls like they would get at a Justice type store?

Can the boys wear T-shirts or do they have to wear a collared shirt during the non formal nights in the MDR?

Do you think the boys have to wear a tie on the formal nights? I can probably get them to wear one to dinner, but it will probably come off soon thereafter.

Thank you in advance for all your input :)

We are on the 8 day Valor sailing on March 31st. We have a 10 year old boy, a 8 year old boy, two 8 year old girls, and a 6 year old boy.

The big question is what is acceptable on Carnival? We have been on Princess before and it was a rather strict dress policy, and we've heard Carnival isn't so bad.

Is it okay for all the kids to wear shorts in the MDR other than the 2 formal nights when they will wear pants, shirts and ties, and dresses?

What footwear is acceptable? Are beach flip flops okay? crocs? stylish sandals like platform flip flops for the girls like they would get at a Justice type store?

Can the boys wear T-shirts or do they have to wear a collared shirt during the non formal nights in the MDR?

Do you think the boys have to wear a tie on the formal nights? I can probably get them to wear one to dinner, but it will probably come off soon thereafter.

Non Formal Nights.. as long as they are neat ... dress shorts are allowed with a nicer tshirt. Girls, flip flops are perfect with sundresses.

Formal Nights, my boys lately have just worn Button Down Shirts and nice khakis and have looked just fine. They did wear ties a few years back, but not lately. Girls have a lot more fun on elegant nights!

Is it okay for all the kids to wear shorts in the MDR other than the 2 formal nights when they will wear pants, shirts and ties, and dresses? Not ripped, not short shorts but yes- the regulations allow them and they will not be alone. [/color]

What footwear is acceptable? Are beach flip flops okay? crocs? stylish sandals like platform flip flops for the girls like they would get at a Justice type store?I think that flip flops, the reallybeachy kind, are discouraged but simple sandals or athletic shoes are fine, crocs are fine too

Can the boys wear T-shirts or do they have to wear a collared shirt during the non formal nights in the MDR?I think decent tee shirts are probably fine- polo shirts with a collar are a bit nicer

Do you think the boys have to wear a tie on the formal nights? I can probably get them to wear one to dinner, but it will probably come off soon thereafter.no- ties not required. I got mine "fancy" vests one year with white shirts. In fact, nice polo shirts and khakis will do

Dress codes are pretty loose on Carnival. If they come to dinner looking tidy they will be fine. Of course, as mom, if you thought they needed to get more dressed up on formal night- the rules are there for your interpretation. I usually get mine into slacks and button shirts- not necessary that they be white. You will see almost anything in the dining room even on formal night.

We have always done late dining so I haven't seen a lot of kids in MDR. If you wanted you could pack a couple of polos per boy and they could wear them more than once with a t-shirt underneath. I have all girls and so they will be wearing dresses every night. If I had boys I would expect them to wear a collared shirt. Have fun.

We have always done late dining so I haven't seen a lot of kids in MDR. If you wanted you could pack a couple of polos per boy and they could wear them more than once with a t-shirt underneath. I have all girls and so they will be wearing dresses every night. If I had boys I would expect them to wear a collared shirt. Have fun.

That is lovely but not required and your kids may well be in the minority- almost certainly will. I love the idea, just saying it is not required. Well- not required by Carnival is a better way to put that, sorry.

Is it okay for all the kids to wear shorts in the MDR

Do you think the boys have to wear a tie on the formal nights?

If you want to follow the dress code exactly then shorts are good, but t-shirts are not and ties are optional.

From the Carnival Website:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts;

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so

Yes, on non-formal nights, decent shorts are fine.

For the formal nights, co-ordinate colors a bit, get ready early, and have some photos taken. No sitting fees, and you only buy what you like.

In years to come, nobody ever regrets money spent on family photos!

Archived