Private tour of Athens

zipperkng

We are on the Marina, Pearls of the Aegean, March 22, 2012. Looking to be picked up at the Pier, have our luggage dropped off at our hotel and then take a full day tour of Athens. Any recommendations for a service for this? We have never been to Athens, and realize we will only be able to get a limited experience in one day.

Michael and Evon

We are on the Marina, Pearls of the Aegean, March 22, 2012. Looking to be picked up at the Pier, have our luggage dropped off at our hotel and then take a full day tour of Athens. Any recommendations for a service for this? We have never been to Athens, and realize we will only be able to get a limited experience in one day.

Michael and Evon

Below, I've shared a link to the Board that discusses port calls in Greece. That board may be a better source of information answering your Athens question and many more that you're sure to have given your itinerary:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=594

Here's the board you may want to visit for questions about your visit to Ephesus:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

Michael and Evon

We just had to cancel our arrangements in Athens, but whenever we're there, we use George:

http://www.taxigreece.com/

It is a family operation, they are reliable, and the cars are always immaculate.

George isn't officially a guide, but his prices reflect that, and 95% of the monuments in Greece won't allow an outside guide to enter anyway.

Enjoy your cruise-

We used George the Taxi Driver while in Athens last time and it was fabulous. George couldn't drive us himslef, so he had his nephew Constantine take us. Constantine was wonderful, very knowledgeable, had great suggestions of spot to see, customized it to what we wanted to do. I highly recommend them!

Charlotte

We have booked George's taxi for the same day. It will be a 5 hour tour (we dont like anything longer than that) for my husband and I and is costing 160euro. They get great reviews on Trip Advisor and I have faith in that.

You can email them and tell them what you want and they will create and itinerary to work around your requirements.

See you on board!

Archived