Cabin 7317 or 7241 on Eclipse???

Monty's Mum

We are 3 adults and have booked cabin 7317 for the open top sun trap potential....however we have the opportunity to have 7241 which I understand has a bigger balcony....we really do not know what to do? Does 7241 get any sun? How far a walk is it to the aft?? Better views?

Thanks for your help in advance.

We had 7241 on the Equinox and will have it again on a future cruise. It is fantastic having the larger balcony, especially when you have more than two people. It is like having an extra room. It was mostly shaded, but quite desirable to escape the hot sun. Hope this helps!;)

We are 3 adults and have booked cabin 7317 for the open top sun trap potential....however we have the opportunity to have 7241 which I understand has a bigger balcony....we really do not know what to do? Does 7241 get any sun? How far a walk is it to the aft?? Better views?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks TerrierJohn....But how do I find that post 1504??

Hi Monty's Mom' date='[/size']

The STICKY on the S-Class Ships Staterooms is at the top of the Directory for this the CC CELEBRITY BOARD = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

To get to post # 1504 within that document, click on LAST PAGE (that will be Page 77)… Post # 1504 will be on the page previous (Page 76)

Cabins in the 7000s can be found on the 3rd Spreadsheet listed within that post by LIBRARY LADY19 (S Class Cabins – Cabins # 6234 to 9382)

Cabin # 7317 is at the Aft of the Ship overlooking the Wake.

Cabin # 7241 is one of the ones on the angle to “the Hump”, it is the farthest point out on the Port side of the ship… and is one of the biggest balconies midship (infact on the whole ship that isn’t a Suite)

The walk from the midship elevators to Cabin # 7317 will run you aprox 36 Cabins (or 360 Feet).

In my opinion, these two locations are quite different… as not everyone agrees that the Cabins overlooking the wake are the best ones… while almost everyone agrees that the midship cabins with the larger balconies are “to die for”.

Personally, I have had a similar cabin (Solstice # 1120)… and I have to agree when it comes to the S-Class Ships, I thought this Cabin and the HUGE Balcony were amazing… and it was a BONUS to be so central, just steps away from the midship elevators, made making around a breeze. I’d be hard-pressed to choose anything else if I was to cruise on a S-Class Ship again.

As for views... the views from the Balcony will be similar to the one we had... you can see well to the aft (that is the direction the balcony faces)... and if you want to look forward, you just go to to the corner of the Balcony, and stick your head out around the partition... actually a nice cabin in that you can see both directions, truly one of the few cabins on the ship that have this feature... so a view on a clock face say from aprox 6:30 to 11:30 (that accounts for it being on the port side, assuming that the bow of the ship is at 12:00 on the dial). Having this "full scope" is nice for early mornings when pulling into a new Destination, means you don't have to get dressed and "be presentable"... you can just hang out on your balcony with coffee and catch all the goings on... fore and aft.

As for sun, we found that the font section of our balcony, near the rail, did get some sun… how much depended a lot upon where the sun was in the sky at the time… from what I’ve read Cabins at the Aft of the Ship overlooking the wake, get a lot more sun. (Consequently we’ve decided to give one of those a try on our next cruise on the Summit).

NOTE - Cabin # 7241 is on the Port side of the ship (smoking side) so this may or may not be an issue... as I know there is smoking allowed on Deck 5 "somewhere" below you... perhaps someone else can comment on that... or you may find that info in the STICKY

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

The first shot shows the balcony for cabin 7241. In the second shot, the balcony for cabin 7317 is in the center. It is approximately 275 feet from the area in front of the rear staircase to entrance area for the aft balcony cabins on deck 7.

attachment.php?attachmentid=221324&d=1328887264

attachment.php?attachmentid=221325&d=1328887264

DSC09486a.jpg.6a2a4e670150a42f0b4cb6f5c6ba8897.jpg

DSC09479a.jpg.c16864c347f2825edd7af32e6b5d93dd.jpg

Wow thanks for all your help.....7241 is looking good at the moment....still a little undecided but the walk aft is starting to look a long one!! Its £ 160 extra to make to move and I think it might be worth it.....but will I miss that aft?? Can I get a 3 chair on that aft balcony??

:confused:

Here are the aft balconies viewed from the Oceanview Bar area of the Lido deck on Silhouette. There should be enough space to get a third chair on the aft balcony as we had the same size balcony, a 54 sq.ft. one, at the side on Silhouette. IMO there was room for three chairs although with this arrangement there won't be very much open space left if this was done as shown in the second shot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=221334&d=1328893447

attachment.php?attachmentid=221335&d=1328893447

DSC09420a.jpg.3de12d653a06ac704568b393a90e5854.jpg

DSC09489a.jpg.d7a038a054cedacf067f1bf58cbd5793.jpg

Wow thanks for all your help.....7241 is looking good at the moment....still a little undecided but the walk aft is starting to look a long one!! Its £ 160 extra to make to move and I think it might be worth it.....but will I miss that aft?? Can I get a 3 chair on that aft balcony??

:confused:

Hi Monty's Mom,

The challenge will be finding a 3rd chair... no matter where your Cabin is. Non-Suite Balconies come with 2 as far as I know.

Cheers!

7241 is only 2 decks above the deck 5 smoking area as well, so that's something to consider. I actually had that one booked until I learned that and then i went up 1 deck to 8279, where I still smelled the smoke at times LOL. I tried :-)

Staying aft is a good thing if you can handle it, i unfortunately need midship for the seasick thing. :(

have a wonderful cruise!

Archived