"booked full"?

LindaKE

I live in Mobile where Carnival placed the Holiday as its home port. An article in the paper says that so far an average of 1,525 passengers has sailed on each cruise. The article goes on to say that the Holiday holds 1,425 passengers and that for spring break sailings, there will be "typically more than 1,800" passengers. How does a ship that holds 1,425 average 1,525 passengers and plan to have 1,800 this spring?

Many cabins on cruise ships can hold 3 or 4 people and if you are a family traveling with kids younger than 18 they have to be in the cabin with you. We were on a cruise in the Med on the Golden in 2003 and the ship is listed for 2600 passengers with only two to a cabin but had 2850 on it for that cruise.

Have a great next cruise.

The initial figure is based on two to a room. Many room hold more and are used. I travel single so my room is still counted as two until they need it for a triple (somewhere else on the ship). They can only carry a max number of people (enough for life boats). Usually the fig is somewhere around 1/3 more ie 1450 would be 483 more but the lifeboats will only hold 1800 so the max is 1800 or 12 life boats (which hold 150 each).

Archived