What's the strangest thing........

alb1956

Strange you said that. I had a simular situation happen when I was on a cruise out of Mobile on Apr 19 2010. The same day the oil oil well blew up (20th of Apr), I was on the 2nd day at sea before arriving in mexico when I saw a 14foot Jonboat right by the ship. We stopped and they lowerd one of the boats to retreave it. Then we continued on to Cozumel. I have the video up on youtube. I didnt know about the oil rig untill I got back to Mobile. That week they kept talking about the Volcano eruption its effect on air travel to Europe.

The jonboat wasnt related to the oil rig since we were already several hundred miles away, probably fell off another ship.

What's the link to your YouTube video?

We picked up a raft (and I use that term liberally) of Cubans on the Conquest last summer. The lookouts had spotted them and the captain maneuvered the ship over to pick them up. They were very glad to see us.

Probably not so glad to see the coast guard pull up a few hours later and take them off the ship. Word was they were taken to Miami and then deported back to Cuba.

How about fly by?

I was in my balcony cabin and heard this roar and went out to look and we were being buzzed by a Russian fighter jet. It buzzed us,,then made a high 360 u-turn and came by us again slow and close enough that I could see the country symbol on the side of the jet.

A 360-u turn?!?! :confused:

While on the Dream in November 2010 the ship came to a complete stop at about 11 pm. We were like WTH is going on??? So we went out to find a very nice boat carrying 5 people stranded out in the middle of nowhere. We then brought them aboard and they got off in Costa Maya the next morning. We had heard they had been out there 9 days and were not in very good health. The boat the boat they were on was worth probly around $60,000 and we just left it in the dust. It was kind of scary. My husband was like "what if it's PIRATES???"

LOL

Archived