Shore excursions on Conquest

jayfer

Grand Cayman - Cayman Safari tour that included Pedro St. James, Queen Elizabeth Botanical Gardens, blow holes, Rum Point and Vivinne's for lunch.

Jamaica - ship sponsored excursion to Croydon Plantation.

Cozumel - First time was Playa Palancar with snorkeling via boat to the reef leaving from Playa. Second time was Nachi Cocum.

Grand Cayman - some did the dolphins/turtles, the rest of us just bummed around town. Local taxi service is super easy to use and way cheaper than the taxi's.

Jamaica - private driver for the day, toured around town and the craft market and toured Rose Hall. Great day although the craft market was a disappointment as everything was the same in all the stalls. Not real crafts, just tourist junk.

Cozumel - first trip did Mr. Sancho's cooking class plus all inclusive. Great day and almost went back this last time except I was concerned about crowds. Was supposed to be 7 ships in port that day. Instead we went to Nachi Cocum. Fabulous day. Fantastic service and ceviche that is out of this world.

We did these excursion in 2008 so I don't know if they offer the exact same ones anymore. And we booked them all through the cruise ship, it was just easier for us.

We did the zipline in Jamaica. I'm terrified of heights and it was the most amazing experience ever. Infact I can't wait to do it again; we are going to Catalina in a few months and I want to do it there.

Cozumel we did the dune buggy excursion that included snorkeling, a lighthouse stop and lunch. But there was no drinking of alcohol allowed since it is a driving excursion. I thought the best part was getting a little Mayan history at one of the stops. And the tour guides were HILARIOUS!!

Grand Caymen we swam with the sting rays. Unfortunately we went with the lesser expensive excursion and we weren't on a sand bar; we had to swim the whole time. I hated this excursion but the the kids and DH loved it!

What shore excursions have you done while in Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Montego Bay? Going in December 2012 out of NOLA. Would like to here some favorites.:)

Grand cayman: Hell, turle farm and sting rays thru CCL...this time, 3 island snorkel booked privately

Cozumel...Chankanaab park for dolphin swim (loved it!)....this time...just a cab to a beach as we are doing big excursions in GC, Belize and Hondouras

Archived