Just back from Carnival Freedom

skittlesj20

We enjoyed our cruise, but the first thing we noticed was the menu change in the main dining room. It is major- no more shrimp cocktail nightly or steak choices, not even chicken breast. Most nights it was alright, but a couple of nights it was difficult to find a choice that I could eat ( I am allergic to green peppers and avoid spices).

We went to the 3 of the 4 shows offered and 2 of the late night comedy shows. They were fine. The music entertainment throughout the ship was great. The group "Music Highlights" were my favorite.

Again, like always, chair hogs were everywhere on the ship. From the main deck at Lido and even up on the Serenity area. If you didn't sneak up to reserve a lounger before 7am, forget it. It came down to join them to get a couple of loungers on the sea days.

We did try the Steak house for dinner one night, had the Surf and Turf. Enjoyed the experience. The food was wonderful. Will definitely do this on the ship again. Will just double check the menu and make sure I pick the right day.

All and all we had a great cruise, lines where long, but I have seen worst. They seem to have added more omelet lines, and the selections have changed on the buffet. Other than the changed menu in the dining room, our main dining room waiter must of been in training. He definitely was not up to the same snuff as prior waiters have been. ( We have cruised on 4 other Carnival ships)

~ note to all - don't grab a 3 day from Tampa regardless of how tempting.

We had great dining room companions, but it seemed like the cruise was overrun with rude, shoving, eat everything in sight and waste even more people. The boards are correct in saying a longer day cruise will be a better experience.

Western?

Was the Wok walk up food stand packed?

what time are shows?

How was Serenity area?

Overall impression: Food, Sevice, Entertainment ?

thanks

D

Yes

Yes Extremely

Usually there were 2 around 830 and another at 10 approx

I only walked thru it a few times- it seemed nice

Food and service was wonderful I have no complaints. My favorite entertainment was the comedy shows.

Did you eat at the regular time dining (early or Late) or did you do your time dining? If you did your time dining where was it on the ship?

How was your experience in the dining room and did you like the new menu? :)

We had anytime dining and we had to eat on the 3rd floor of the Chic restaurant. On most nights we would go around 7-830 and there would be a 15min-20 wait. We had a great time in the dining as the servers were so friendly and attentive. My favorite was Bartholomeu

Yes

Yes Extremely

Usually there were 2 around 830 and another at 10 approx

I only walked thru it a few times- it seemed nice

Food and service was wonderful I have no complaints. My favorite entertainment was the comedy shows.

Thank you for your response!!

Archived