blue lagoon island.

so, i read that the ferry takes you to blue lagoon island at 8:30, 1;30 and 3:30, but what times do they bring you back to the ferry terminal. we are in nassau until 10 pm, so im not going to be rushed, wondered what time they close things down but could not find the answer.

thanks.

We went to Blue Lagoon last Spring. There were different times that you could come back (I think 4pm was the latest). They will let you know when you get off the ferry. How you get there may make a difference also.....(private/RCCL/Carnival/etc.). Since your ship is leaving so late, you should be able to take the last ferry back from Blue Lagoon.

Blue Lagoon was beautiful. The kids (ours range from 8-16) loved it. Even if you didn't do the dolphin excursion, you were able to easily see the dolphins. You actually walk right by them when getting off/on the ferry. There were some huge water inflateables on the beach. We were so happy we chose this excursion over expensive Atlantis. Would do it again in a heartbeat. :)

Those look like the times I saw for the Dolphin Excursion which lasted 3 1/2 hours. I googled Blue Lagoon Island and found AI beach day excursions in addition to the dolphins. The BL beach day was 5 1/2 and 7 hours so, there should be good ferry service to get everyone back.

we went there last July and had a blast! The last ferry back was 4pm and it seemed we closed the place down. Wish they just stayed open longer!! They do have their own website so hopefully they will change closing times.. especially during the summer.

We also spent the day there and it was one of the best excursions we have done.

As far as the ferry goes, if you plan on doing this indepently, the last ferry is 4 pm. If you are doing it with a paticular cruise line the times might be different.

Like a previous poster said they do have there own website to book independent.

Have a great time if you decide to go.

• 3 weeks later...

I received this information from Blue Lagoon Island just the other day:

The Dolphin Encounter departure times are at 8:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm daily. It takes about 20 - 25 minutes to get to Blue Lagoon Island from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal and as soon as you arrive to Blue Lagoon Island your program begins at either 9:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm and 4:00pm.

Return times from Blue Lagoon island are at 11:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm and 6:30pm.

You have option of departing from Blue Lagoon Island between the hours of 11:00am to 4:00pm if on the beach.

Can you do this on your own? I noticed thru carnival it was $89 pp including lunch. That's not horrible, but was wondering of it could be done cheaper.

Thanks for any info.:)

You can do this one on your own. We did it just last month!:D

Thanks! How much are the ferrys? I'm guessing it's like the water taxis?

Forgive me, this will be DH & I's first time in Nassau. I'm trying to figure out everything. I've been looking at the Bahamas board too. Ive gotten lots of good info!

Thanks again for all of the kind responses :o

I received this information from Blue Lagoon Island just the other day:

The Dolphin Encounter departure times are at 8:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm daily. It takes about 20 - 25 minutes to get to Blue Lagoon Island from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal and as soon as you arrive to Blue Lagoon Island your program begins at either 9:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm and 4:00pm.

Return times from Blue Lagoon island are at 11:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm and 6:30pm.

You have option of departing from Blue Lagoon Island between the hours of 11:00am to 4:00pm if on the beach.

This is very helpful, thanks!

Can you do this on your own? I noticed thru carnival it was $89 pp including lunch. That's not horrible, but was wondering of it could be done cheaper.

Thanks for any info.:)

Only on some days, some times the cruise line will block out certain days and they will not sell indepedantly...so if they have it available than you can book through them, just keep in mind if for some reason you are late getting into Nassau and you miss the ferry, you will not get a refund, where if you book with the ship you would get your money back.

We booked a BL tour through Disney once. Due to the high amount of passengers in port that day, the ferry was full at the 9:00 time we were supposed to go. We ended up going 2 hours late. Disney made us sit in the theatre for an extra hour, then took us out to the pier for 1/2 hour, then moved us to the area where the ferry got us for another 1/2 hour. The whole time we were told over and over it would be just a "few minutes late".....pretty sneaky. We still had fun, but would have preferred to have 6 hours over there instead of 4.

Archived