Considering RCI/Universal Studios Package anyone?

ripjerry95

Hi-I see on the RCI website that there is a "package" of either 3/4 at Universal and a 4/7 night cruise. Includes hotel at Universal, transfers, admission etc. Can anyone tell me if they have done this before and what their experiences were and do you think it is worth the money? Thanks, Kim

Yes, we went in April 11, had a fantastic time in Universal, it is expensive to eat there, even snacking, so bring some goodies in your case! It was our second time in Universal (Orlando), we preferred the Royal pacific hotel over the portofino even though the portofino was higher rated. We hired a dodge 7 seater to bring us & our luggage to FLL, dropped it off at the alamo , & got a taxi to the RCI port, about 20usd plus tip. I would encourage anyone to do that trip, my kids who were 9 & 10 9 (girls) totally loved every minute, as did I. It was also our first cruise & I hope to continue to do at least one a year! Hope that helps.

Can you tell me where on RCI website you found it. I have tried before and would love to book it for me and DH but can never find it

Hi-I see on the RCI website that there is a "package" of either 3/4 at Universal and a 4/7 night cruise. Includes hotel at Universal, transfers, admission etc. Can anyone tell me if they have done this before and what their experiences were and do you think it is worth the money? Thanks, Kim

• 1 month later...

We did something like this in December. We booked a 4 night on the Monarch and added a 3 day Universal Studio package to it on Travelocity. It included a 3 night hotel stay at the DoubleTree right across the street from the park. We could see the roller coasters from the room! It also included the park passes. Well worth the money. A review is in my signature. They picked us up at the pier to take us to the hotel and then also took us back to the airport.

• 1 year later...
We did something like this in December. We booked a 4 night on the Monarch and added a 3 day Universal Studio package to it on Travelocity. It included a 3 night hotel stay at the DoubleTree right across the street from the park. We could see the roller coasters from the room! It also included the park passes. Well worth the money. A review is in my signature. They picked us up at the pier to take us to the hotel and then also took us back to the airport.

Can you provide more info about the package that you bought? I was going to do the RCCL/Universal Studios package which includes lodging at one of Universal's hotels, but $300+ per night is definitely not in my budget! Can you walk from DoubleTree to the parks, or do you have to take a shuttle bus? Who picked you up at pier to take you to hotel? Was that something booked through RCCL or DoubleTree? TIA!