Caves & monkeys & beaches, oh my!

luckydogs1

Caves, monkeys, and beaches is a 6 1/2 hour tour offered by ShoreTrips.com. Has anyone ever done this tour? I have never used this touring company for anything but the tour looks very interesting.

Here is the info from their site on this tour:

Our first stop on tour is the beautiful Harrison's Cave. This incredible, crystallized limestone cavern is said to be one of the wonders of the world with its pure, clear water and peaceful flowing streams. This is beautiful art in a completely natural setting. You'll be amazed by the 40 foot waterfall that flows into a blue-green lake.

Next, we're off to the gorgeous green hills on the East Coast of the island. Enjoy breathtaking views, take wonderful photos and learn about the interesting history of the area. Feel free to ask your guide any questions!

Now it's time to head down to the Barbados Wildlife Reserve for a unique chance to observe the green tail monkeys up close and in their natural habitat. You'll see monkeys at play, mothers caring for their babies and older males keeping watch over their territories as they look for food.

Later on, we'll head down to the South Coast of the island and relax on one of Barbados' most beautiful beaches. Take a swim, snorkel or simply relax!

So after doing some digging I found out that a taxi is around $30 one way from the pier to Harrisons Cave and admission to the cave is $30.... So your looking at $90.00 right there, not sure how much this excursion is but if it's offering lots more then just the caves it's probably worth it.

OP i've been digging around, this one is the most reasonably priced for Harrison cave & beach. I'm wondering how much time you actually get on the beach though and where. I'd prefer the combo turtle tour but $144 pp is rather steep imo

I have sent them an email asking what beach and how much time we have there (will post as soon as I know). The turtle tour sounded awesome to, but it is me and my mom.....she does not swim.

I have sent them an email asking what beach and how much time we have there (will post as soon as I know). The turtle tour sounded awesome to, but it is me and my mom.....she does not swim.

I emailed Sarah @ glory tours this morning. She got back to me quickly and we're all booked for the Land & Sea tour option #1 that includes, among other things, the cave, monkeys & turtle snorkel which is in a glass bottom boat for $121 pp.:)

jik ur interested, the tour ur pricing is $86 pp (without the turtle snorkle) & has shopping or a beach for last portion of tour, Option #2

http://www.glorytours.org/Combotourspage.html

as i understand it, shoretrips, expedia even the cruiseline, etc. use the local operators & just add a surcharge to the base price.

I took this tour 3 years ago this March. Of all the shore excursions I did on my cruise, this was by far my favorite. There are no words to describe the caves. The monkeys at the reserve are very entertaining. I saw a few of them in a heated fight at one point. I liked seeing the 600 lb python in one of the cages at the Wildlife Reserve.

I took this tour 3 years ago this March. Of all the shore excursions I did on my cruise, this was by far my favorite. There are no words to describe the caves. The monkeys at the reserve are very entertaining. I saw a few of them in a heated fight at one point. I liked seeing the 600 lb python in one of the cages at the Wildlife Reserve.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

I am terrified of bats, did you see a lot of bats in the cave?

What beach did you go and how much time did you have there? I emailed them but they haven't emailed me back yet.

Archived