Hotel stay in Orlando with shuttle to Port Canaveral

sloper12

We are researching cruises for December 2012 and have an itinerary we like on Royal Caribbean out of Port Canaveral. There are two Hampton Inn's that provide roundtrip transportation from Orlando airport (MCO) to the port. One is the Hampton inn in Orlando where they call it Bon Voyage. The other is Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach. Theirs is Fly N Cruise for 2. Orlando would be $50 less but that's not the issue. I think there might be more to do for a day or two before the cruise in Orlando and the hotel provides a 24 hour area shuttle. Anyone ever stayed at either of these hotels? Is there anything within walking distance at Cocoa Beach and any input as to what there is to do in Cocoa Beach?

The rooms by themselves are from 90-120 or so - then they have this....It's 159.

Rate details Bon Voyage

This package includes roundtrip transportation to Cape Canaveral for two adults, additional transportation vouchers are available.

I just read about so many people talking about picking and scheduling transportation companies and rental cars - this seems so much easier - but then it makes me wonder why anyone would arrange and pay so much $$ for a private company if these are available. Hoping there's nothing wrong with these....I'm concerned now.

Archived