Ratio of Kids to Staff in Kids Club

gaylemh

Does anyone know what the ratio is of kids to the staff in the Kids Club on NCL Gem? Do the ships have standards like the day care centers on land? I'm interested in knowing about the 2 year old group. Are there ever times where they turn kids away because they don't have enough staff, or because it's too crowded?

I'd also like to know if there are any play areas with toys where parents can play with their kids?

Thanks

I've had children in the 2-5yo group twice now and I've never seen a child turned away. The seem to staff the kids club based on the number of children on board each sailing. On the star in January, there were about 20 children in the group at any one time with 4-5 staff members, so close to the 5:1 ratio we have for child care at home. Sometimes I would go to pick up DS2 and there would be kids crew members with toddlers in their arms, rocking them to sleep...they are a very caring bunch!

They didn't have any play areas open to parents, but there was a daily family activity where parents attend with their children.

Archived