Belize bound

Bobug

Hello!!! We will be in Belize (for the second time) in May but this is our 17th cruise...we have always cruised in Jan. & Feb. My question is: how is the weather in May (normally)...is it extemely hot? Rainy?

Thanks!!

Taken from a belize info website

On a typical May day, during the early morning hours you will probably find the temperature will be around 77.2 degrees. Temperatures in Belize typically rise during the day, to an average of 87.2 degrees in the early afternoon. By early evening, temperatures in Belize generally decline to around 82.6 degrees. For the month of May as a whole, temperatures in Belize average around 82.2 degrees.

During May, rain is most likely to occur around 6:00 AM , and least likely to occur around 12:00 AM (midnight) . To the extent thunderstorms occur in Belize during May, they are most likely to occur around 12:00 AM (midnight)

On a typical May day, during the early morning hours you will probably find the temperature will be around 77.2 degrees. Temperatures in Belize typically rise during the day, to an average of 87.2 degrees in the early afternoon. By early evening, temperatures in Belize generally decline to around 82.6 degrees. For the month of May as a whole, temperatures in Belize average around 82.2 degrees.

During May, rain is most likely to occur around 6:00 AM , and least likely to occur around 12:00 AM (midnight) . To the extent thunderstorms occur in Belize during May, they are most likely to occur around 12:00 AM (midnight)

Thank you very much!!

Can you tell me the website? I'd like to find out what the weather is like in March?

We are returning to Belize for a second time, too. I have to do most of my traveling after May 1 due to work restrictions. We were there in 2005 in mid- late May and I can tell you it was HOT! Over 100 degrees and humid. We went on a jungle walk and I about passed out. But it was beautiful. although we did not see the monkeys we were hoping to see. When I asked where they were the guide said when it is that hot they stayed out of sight to keep cool. Smart monkeys.

That said we just booked a cruise returning to Belize in very early May. I am hoping that the heat was a fluke and we will have much cooler weather this time around. Be sure to leave the port area and enjoy the beautiful scenery.:cool:

Archived