Late depart flight Ft Lauderdale

planb

Take a cab to the airport when you get off the ship and get a cheap rental car for the day (if you're lucky you may be able to check in with your airline that morning and check your bags so you don't have to haul them around all day). There's tons of public beaches in the area. I love Deerfield Beach, which is maybe a 20-30 minute drive from FLL - gorgeous, public beach with loads of places to eat and shop.

Or find a hotel that will sell you a day pass. It's a pain lugging the bags around.

Ft. Lauderdale airport is so crowded. We fly Southwest, and that terminal has several airlines that refuse to let you check in till 3 or 4 hours before your flight.

People in all the chairs, luggage everywhere. People laying on the floor - it's almost impossible to even walk thru the check-in area. Virtually no services there till you get thru security.

it has been 5 years ago since we did this, but we were able to check our luggage at the airport with a luggage storage company for like $25.00 a person, not with the airline. We then took a taxi to the water taxi stop, and took the water taxi throughout the intercoastal waterway in Ft. Lauderdale. Then took a cab back to the airport, claimed our bags, and checking in with our airline. As I said this was over 5 years ago, so I don't have the exact details. Go to Ft. Lauderdale's Airport website and check if they still offer this luggage service. Then go to Ft. Lauderdale water taxi and see where the stops are. I believe we got on at the stop closest to the airport. It was all very doable and VERY a very enjoyable day. I don't think our flight was until early evening though. Just something for you to check out

Archived