NO family departure

brandi_7998

hey guys! my husband and i have 3 kids 12, 13, and 14. we are staying 1 night in new orleans before our departure on march 11th. so what would you do?

hotel?

food?

events that kids would love?

we have been wanting to go to new orleans for a while, even the kids, so we want to make the most of our 24 hrs.

P.S. drury inn is booked up. any other hotel suggestions would be great. hopefully somewhere close to all the happenings.

i enjoyed the trolley ride also- you can get a pass for $3 a dayand get off and on whenever you want or it is 1.25 for one way

the trolley stops right outside the drury. i stayed at the drury in january really liked it. they had a great breakfast. the rooms are small but the ceilings are so high you don't feel it.

be sure and go up on the 10th floor (pool area) you can see the cruise

ships.

We really liked the Hampton Inn Garden District. It is not right beside everything, but the trolley stops directly in front of the hotel. We took advantage of the $3 a day deal and road it all over. It's a nice hotel with free cruise parking, free hot breakfast and they have a small pool and patio. Their website has good deals on rooms for cruising. http://www.neworleanshamptoninns.com/

• 4 weeks later...
I have Quaility Inn Cruise Port location booked in April...the actual address is Gretna so I wonder if the trolley stops near there?

Gretna is across the Mississippi River from New Orleans. There are no streetcars there. They are not called trolley in New Orleans.

i enjoyed the trolley ride also- you can get a pass for $3 a dayand get off and on whenever you want or it is 1.25 for one way

the trolley stops right outside the drury. i stayed at the drury in january really liked it. they had a great breakfast. the rooms are small but the ceilings are so high you don't feel it.

be sure and go up on the 10th floor (pool area) you can see the cruise

ships.

Did you mean street car? I'm not sure the difference...

Did it take you around NO?

I've stayed at a Drury before and loved it...I didn't realize there was one close to this port. I probably had have booked there if I hadn't already booked Quality Inn.

Does anyone know a good place to go in NO for Cajun/zydeco music? I've figured out where to go for other music, but not that kind.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Cruzin Lady

A restaurant with Cajun music right by the port is Mulate's.

Does anyone know a good place to go in NO for Cajun/zydeco music? I've figured out where to go for other music, but not that kind.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Cruzin Lady

Turtle Bay @615 Bourbon Street is a great place for Cajun/Zydeco. They have a fairly decent and affordable menu also.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turtle-Bay/121753449298#!/pages/Turtle-Bay-Bourbon/117960264957917

Going there this summer also. Staying at the Embassy Suites Convention Center. Close to Port so thinking we should be able to walk to port the morning of. Just trying out what to do the 2 days before and the one day after.

Archived