Am I the only on who has NEVER had a complaint about a Carnival cruise???

amyj23

Seems to me that you just want to beat up and flame anyone else's complaints and say they are not valid.

Everyone is allowed their opinion. Dont get up on your high horse as if they are not. We can all give our opinions and should be respected .. not told they are not valid. You could not last in customer service by saying.. well just go to another pool if the music is too loud. I went thru that on Conquest when they first installed the new speakers outside and the big screen. It was impossible for me too .. glad they listened and turned it down.

Telling someone their complaints are not valid .. I went thru that and know how it feels when someone runs into someone like you on here who says their complaints should be swallowed and not voiced and dismissive ..

I hope you never do run into a problem, because if you do you will run into someone like you who dismisses every problem.

Wow, so many responses!

Um, if you go through my history of posts on this site, I'm almost positive you will not find ANY posts criticizing someone's complaints. So your pretty harsh response isn't really fair. When I read someone's post that I feel is whining, I generally roll my eyes and move on. The comments about moving to another area if the speakers were too loud was being said as a fellow passenger, not saying that should have been Carnival's response. And I do complain in normal life. It's generally in stores where customer service was ridiculous or employees were clearly acting in a way that would definitely not be tolerated by a company (something I've never seen on any of my four crusies). My post was trying to illicit responses from people that have perhaps had a similar experience as me and my husband where we felt Carnival couldn't have done it any better. You won't find me "flaming" on this site. I don't really care that much.... I generally come on here to try to offer useful advice to others, and find good advice from others.

Besides your post, I thought the responses on here are really positive. I do realize that there are horror stories (that I've seen on here) of completely booked ships where someone experiences some sort of serious problem in their room, and they have to endure it the whole trip. I cannot imagine going through that. And I would never criticize someone whose vacation was truly affected or maybe even ruined because of something wrong with the ship or their staff.

After reading many posts on here, I'll see that it's not unusual for others to have had positive experiences on Carnival as I have. I just hope that that experience continues for all of our future cruises!

I have tried, since my very first cruise, to be honest about our cruises. Nothing in life is "absolutely perfect" unless we can be honest about the ups and downs and decide that the ups outweigh the downs to make it "seem perfect". That's the way our cruises have been, seemingly perfect in the final analysis. When things go wrong, we learn from our experiences and try to make corrections on the next one.

Wow, I think this sums it up!!! If I really rack my brain, I can think of a few little things on my cruises that annoyed me. But I guess we had 100x more GOOD things that happened on the cruise, we didn't even remember the bad stuff!

One thing that may make things better for us in the MDR and with our stewards is that my husband is incredibly outgoing, and always has personal conversations with both. I always smile and say hello (like another person on here said) to all the staff and treat them like a fellow human being, and generally, they respond in kind... I've seen others who treat stewards or waiters with little respect, and perhaps then their service wasn't as good?

I SMH when I keep reading about general comments about the service and the food. I'm not doubting anyone. I guess I'm wondering what happened that made it disappointing? The ONLY place we're ever waited on hand and foot is on our cruises. We don't stay in five star hotels with personal butlers, so I'm not sure what the stewards are doing that's unacceptable. A few people said that the service has gone down since 25 years ago. Um, what were they doing then that they aren't doing now? Cleaning your feet? I can't imagine what more the stewards could do! I'm being dead serious. What specifically took place on cruise ships 25 years ago that is different now? And I guess my taste in food is much lower than many other peoples. I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in the main dining room. The lido deck was sometimes so-so. But I was always able to go get something different that was good. And I'm ok with my meals taking time to get to me, because I usually need time in between courses to make room for more food! I guess I'll just stay in my little Pollyana world! I'm happier there! :)

Okay, I have several questions for you guys... I keep reading comments on here about problems they've had on ships. Am I perhaps easy to please? I've always found that all staff on the ships, no matter where they were working, were above and beyond what I expected. Does anyone else feel that way? Also, people will say that they had good service on a specific ship. Well, that doesn't really mean much, because there are staff members that change each time the ship pulls into port. So the staff/entertainment/cruise director, etc could change from one week to the next. So to say "The service on the Dream was great, I highly recommend booking that ship in six months!" doesn't really make sense. Right? It's one thing to say that you like Carnival over RCL. I mean, they're different companies with different policies. So that could mean actual differences in service. And same thing about the food. We've sailed on three different Carnival ships, and the menu was the same each time, and the meals were the same from ship to ship -- and very delicious! How can you make the blanket statement that one ship's food was better than another? That's like saying Red Lobster in my town is better than in another town. I mean, they follow the same protocol from ship to ship! I think some people are picky or like to complain. Am I making any sense?

I'm no complainer. I go into a cruise with the attitude that I am going to have a great cruise no matter what. And I always do.

I disagree with your thinking that all ships are the same, however. I recently spent 10 days on Fascination and 10 days on Ecstasy. The service, food and general vibe from the crew was a step above on Fascination.

On Fascination, I was always recognized by name in the dining room and by my room steward, who I saw every day. Our waiter was great. I mentioned that I was disappointed they didn't serve creme brulee on the 5 day cruises anymore. The next night, he surprised our whole table with creme brulee specially prepared by the chef for us. The maitre 'd stopped by our table nightly to chat and seemed genuinely concerned that we were having a great dining room experience. I enjoyed meeting and talking to Jen, the CD. I think she is one of the best.

On Ecstasy, I never saw my room steward once. He did a good job. Just never saw or even met him at all. He must be a ninja. The dining room service was slow. My water or tea glass was always empty and had to wait a long time to get a refill. I was never recognized by name at all on this ship. Was it a bad cruise? No. Did I complain. No. Did I notice a difference? Yes.

Seems to me that you just want to beat up and flame anyone else's complaints and say they are not valid.

Everyone is allowed their opinion. Don't get up on your high horse as if they are not. We can all give our opinions and should be respected .. not told they are not valid. You could not last in customer service by saying.. well just go to another pool if the music is too loud. I went thru that on Conquest when they first installed the new speakers outside and the big screen. It was impossible for me too .. glad they listened and turned it down.

Telling someone their complaints are not valid .. I went thru that and know how it feels when someone runs into someone like you on here who says their complaints should be swallowed and not voiced and dismissive ..

I hope you never do run into a problem, because if you do you will run into someone like you who dismisses every problem.

Exactly.

When I cruise I know that I am buying a ride on a boat.

Carnival is not my friend; I am a customer.

Carnival seems to deal well with the ordinary, but when something really goes wrong I have learned not to expect much help from them.

Well I am spending $3098 on my next cruise just to get on the ship.

Sorry if you disagree with me but I have some expectations for this money spent.

I expect to have meals daily that are satisfactory(let us not go any further as food is subject to personal taste/choice)

I expect my cabin/bathroom to be cleaned daily.

I expect the public bathrooms to be clean.

I expect any minors issues with repair/replacement of cabin issues to be handled within 24-48 hours.

I expect to be treated with the same respect I treat the employees of CCL.

These are the expectations I go onboard with.

So if these simple expectations are not met I should suck it up and not say anything about them?

If I do I am labeled a whiner/complainer...what a bunch of bunk.

Just like any vacation/hotel/resort/ that decides to take my money needs to live up to the Expectations they set for me....nothing more is expected...but if more happens it is appreciated.

Archived