Carnival Glory - Help me pick a cabin type

DJDaveS

Hi all,

I am taking my two nieces (Ages 12 and 9) on the Carnvial Glory in June 2012. It will be 4 of us including my wife.

We will all be sharing a room. I did some basic research and it appears the Oceanview Rooms are 220 sq feet and the Balcaony Rooms are 185 sq feet plus 35 in the balcony.

I'd rather more room than the balcony. Am I better off with a Oceanview?

Also - I saw a YouTube video of the Glory on the Spa Deck. And it appeared one of the rooms had a much bigger bathroom (possible handicap room). Anyone know if that is true for all of the rooms on the Spa Desk. Or just the one I was looking at?

Any help would be great!

I'm going on the Glory for the third time in May...LOVE this ship! We've had an interior and balcony rooms. This next one will be balcony as well. All rooms are fine, in my opinion, as long as I'm on the ship. However, if money isn't too much of an object, I would go for the balcony. It's nice to sit out there early in the a.m. or evening, or just get some quiet time away from all the activities. Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different perspectives. The interior was fine, but I really prefer the balcony room. The rooms with the big bathroom is for handicap. Either way, you can't go wrong. Enjoy your cruise!

I assume you are doing the Canada cruise. We had a balcony on the Glory 5 day Canada in June 2010. This year we are going again but,doing a 4 day and taking our sons. We are doing an Interior on the Lido deck. Before we hardly used our balcony,the weather is so iffy with rain,fog and cool temperatures that dh thought it was a waste. You just never know what the weather will be like. Decided to save the money and do a balcony on our next warm weather cruise.

We had a balcony on the Glory and loved it, but it was just the two of us. Here are some photos of our room.

2586584800074365136S500x500Q85.jpg

2461345070074365136S500x500Q85.jpg

2582110640074365136S500x500Q85.jpg

The kids may love being out on the balcony, I know we do and were not kids:D Either way you choose you will love the Glory. If you want to see more of my photos of the ship go to this link: http://travel.webshots.com/album/563418151vHiBHI

With 4 in a room, the oceanview would give you more indoor space, allowing you to spread out more. In a balcony room, they push the main beds closer to the sofa, to fit it all in the 185 sq.ft. You'll just need to decide if you want that extra 35 sq.ft. spread out evenly throughout the main part of the room, or if you want it all in one spot, outside. Not everyone is a balcony person. Some people wouldn't really use them much, others can't cruise without them. As the other poster mentioned, it can act as a divider, to allow the girls to change while you hang out on the balcony.

Archived