'Afternoon Tea' on carnival

crazychix

After several cruises on RCCL, we have decided to jump ship...lol. I think we have stayed in our comfort zone for too long. Things have certainly changed over the last 8 years, but one thing that never changed was the windjammer offering scones, jam, cream, cookies cakes and many other yummy things. It sort of kept me going till dinner.... I called it afternoon tea. (this question comes from my daughter too....shes desperate to know)

This will be our first Carnival cruise. Sailing on the Breeze July 2012.

Sooooooooo excited. Does carnival offer anything similar.....Any many thanks for all you other valuable information...I make notes nearly every night.....sad I know...x:)

Yes! Tea time is served on sea days around 3:00 in the afternoon. You'll find and assortment of teas, tea sandwiches, pastries, and other baked goods. Most ships offer live piano music as well, though some have instrumental music piped in. It's one of my favorite events!

Enjoy!

Yes! Tea time is served on sea days around 3:00 in the afternoon. You'll find and assortment of teas, tea sandwiches, pastries, and other baked goods. Most ships offer live piano music as well, though some have instrumental music piped in. It's one of my favorite events!

Enjoy!

Agreed!!

We - me, my Mom and my daughter in law - did the tea for the first time on the Magic last December. It was a WONDERFUL experience - we really enjoyed it and I will make a point of doing it again on future cruises!! ;) :D

Don't worry, I am going to be first in the queue. I'm not one to compare but that looks like 'proper' afternoon tea. I think I am going to love Carnival....

Many Many thanks..x

There were a lot of teas to chose from, but as you can see from my pic, I went basic that day. ;)

Here are couple pics from on of the afternoon teas that we attended. Btw, be sure to get there early, as seating is limited. We saw stragglers that weren't able to get seats.

208455_1044723730511_1598170791_113949_9297_n2.jpg

207939_1044723610508_1598170791_113946_8509_n2.jpg

I noticed in your picture that there is Splenda. My husband will be happy. Last cruise (on a different line) he didn't pack any, and they didn't have it.

I will definitely be checking out afternoon tea! I am glad I stopped to read this thread.

I have been trying to get info about tea re: Dream without much luck!:confused: Just wondering what days, what times and where??:confused:

Pretty sure its always sea days and a little later in the afternoon....I want to say ours was at 3 - but I'm not positive :o and it was in the aft dining room.

They are listed in the Fun Times....or you could ask once you board.

Enjoy!!

Maybe it's because I've been on the older and smaller ships lately, but I've never seen the nice "spread" that the other poster pictured. We had a couple finger sandwiches and maybe a small dessert. Rraydon's tea time looks much nicer than the ones I've been to. :)

I felt silly posting this question, but oh how glad I am that I did.... That spread is nothing like RCCL.....Where you help yourself in the windjammer....This is proper afternoon tea. It may even require a nice dress....LOL...

My husband, who rolls his eyes every evening and gives me that look of 'are you on that cruise website again look' has just looked over my shoulder and said.....WOW.....brilliant

info CC.....just brilliant...Bring on the Breeze....x