Are there beach towels available to take ashore?

ckman

We took our towels from our cabin ashore as did many others (at a couple of the beaches we visited, based on towels and arrival/departures, we could tell who was on our ship).

The previous poster is correct, there was a sign in our room indicating that R.C. would charge us $20/towell to replace lost towels, but in reading the boards here, I have yet to hear of anyone acutally losing a towel and being charged.

There was a station by each pool where you could switch out towels or get additional ones (they would write down how many and your room number), but we found it more convenient to simply get new ones from our room steward.

With packing space an issue, I was glad we did not bring our own.

All previous posters are correct. However, if you have a huge back end, like I do, please be advised that these towels will not cover your entire tush! They are meant for normal sized people .... but if you just want to use them for drying off, they work great.

On our AOS cruise, we actually took a king size sheet with us to lay onto the beach sand. It was great, because then we could lay on the sheet and have more room for our stuff so it didn't get filled with sand. ... except when the AA 767 took off. Then there was sand everywhere! :D

Archived