Seeking info from those who recently departed from NOLA

cozzello

I wish you had gotten an answer to your question, also. I have only sailed once, 2006, from NOLA, and had no trouble taking water onboard. Of course I'm not sure how strict they are now so I got a note from my doctor stating that I needed to bring water. I have purchased the water package on previous sailings, Evian, and I hate the taste so don't drink as much as I should. Also, if drinking reclaimed sea water I retain waaaayy too much fluid. I have also taken a 6 or 8 pack of Caffeine Free Diet Coke since they don't have that on the ship. By the way, I have found that going to Royal Caribbean's facebook page and going to Discussions, (you have to click "more" on the left hand side), your questions will be answered and usually by someone who is very knowledgable.

Have fun on your cruise!

You didn't mention which cruise line you were going on. They have different rules. Carnival lets each passenger bring on 12 20 ounce bottles of soda or water. Norwegian is about the same. Royal Caribbean does not let you bring any on.

That is the official rules, however, most lines will let you exceed the rules and bring on more than is allowed as long as it is not alcoholic.

At the port they only sell single bottles but there are many places nearby to buy 6, 12 and 24 packs.

You didn't mention which cruise line you were going on. They have different rules. Carnival lets each passenger bring on 12 20 ounce bottles of soda or water. Norwegian is about the same. Royal Caribbean does not let you bring any on.

That is the official rules, however, most lines will let you exceed the rules and bring on more than is allowed as long as it is not alcoholic.

At the port they only sell single bottles but there are many places nearby to buy 6, 12 and 24 packs.

I was going to ask the poster the same question. It depends on the cruise line. We live in NOLA and have cruised many times out of New Orleans, on NCL and Carnival, with no problems bringing in water or soda, so we didn't realize that RCCL would be different. We sailed Thanksgiving week and packed a case of water in our suitcase. There were probably 100's of people that didn't receive their luggage but had to go and claim it in a room filled with soda and water cases. They were so strict and ugly about it. One lady was explaining she needed the water for her husband's c-pap and they only told her to go and talk to someone else that would give her distilled water as needed. You had to wait in a long line to get your luggage. The whole thing left a very bad impression on our family.

Now, the odd part is, we had put a few water bottles in our carry-ons and that didn't get noticed at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived