Cave Tubing Review

cruisergrandma

We are just back from the April 9th sailing of the Carnival Glory and wanted to post a review of our cave tubing experience. We booked with Wet 'N Wild. We were met on the dock by their representative and led to their office where we paid the balance on our excursion. There were four in our group and another four also from the Glory. Marvin came in and introduced himself and then led us to the bus. We had Charlie for a guide. The trip our was nice with Charlie giving us lots of information on Belize. The last 6 miles is VERY bumpy but, not as bad as we had read. We parked, got our tubes and headed to the trail. The tubes are quite large but are not heavy. Along the trail Charlie was once again very informative and he made the walk interesting. It was very hot and humid but not a difficult walk. My only complaint is that Charlie does walk fast (he was trying to keep ahead of a large group) and the four of us over 50 found it hard to keep up with him. When we got to the mouth of the cave we found it very refreshing to get into the water. It was cool but not cold. After the hot walk it felt great. Charlie suggested we form a train - each person holding onto the tube in front of them by hooking their feet under it. He then took the lead and pulled us through the cave. The lights they give you are not very bright but Charlie had a flashlight and was able to illuminate the formations. Next time I would bring a waterproof flashlight with me. We saw no snakes or bugs of any type. We did see one bat (only because Charlie pointed it out) inside the cave. They say you go through 3 caves but it seemed to me like one massive cave. You don't come out of one and go into another. It was great. When you come out of the caves you tube down the river to the spot where you exit. We were there at the end of the dry season so there were several 'bottoms up' areas and one area where we stood up and walked a short distance. We had a great time and highly recommend this excursion. I don't remember the last time I have laughed so much during an excursion. On the way back we stopped at a local restaurant called Amigos for lunch. It was good but a bit spicey for my taste. We were returned to the dock with about 45 minutes to shop before the last ship tender. I highly recommend Wet 'N Wild and Charlie.

If I remember correctly, the deposit is $12 per person and that is done by credit card through their website. Then when you get there, you pay the remainder, which equals out to $48. You get the best deal if you pay with cash when you get to the excursion office, but you can pay by credit card (which we did), though they add a 2% (I think ) fee to run the credit card.

I have a cave tube booked with another company but I was wondering did what time did your excursion take place? We have an 8 a.m. time and they said we'd be back right after lunch ( 4-5 hours ). What time frame did your tubing include? Thanks andsounds like you had fun!

Archived