Passages Certificate

huskerc

Any idea how long it will take for this to come through, or how exactly I should expect to receive it? Paper mail or email?

We signed up for one on the 1/28 Millennium sailing. It was charged to our credit card in the last week. We've got a booking we'd like to make--nothing urgent, it's for November, I'm just curious how long I should expect to wait before receiving something, and what exactly I will receive.

Any idea how long it will take for this to come through, or how exactly I should expect to receive it? Paper mail or email?

We signed up for one on the 1/28 Millennium sailing. It was charged to our credit card in the last week. We've got a booking we'd like to make--nothing urgent, it's for November, I'm just curious how long I should expect to wait before receiving something, and what exactly I will receive.

I received my 3-paged "Celebrity Passages Booking Confirmation Letter" by email the day after I got home from my cruise. I had made the Passages booking two days earlier.

You should have received a document on the ship, when you made the Passages booking, that has your "Reservation ID" number on it...usually a 6 or 7 digit number (although I once had one that was 5 numbers long).

If you haven't received your Booking Confirmation Letter, call Captain's Club at 1-800-760-0654, explain that you haven't received your Passages Confirmation Letter, give them your Reservation ID number and they will email you another copy of the letter.

The three page Confirmation Letter includes:

• a cover letter giving an overview of the terms of the "Celebrity Passages account"
  • a page that looks similar to your regular booking confirmation, listing your Reservation ID, the Booking Date, the guests the Passages Certificate has been purchased for, the Currency, and the Amount Paid
  • the rest of Page Two and Page Three give further information about "travelling with booking numbers" and a 13-point summary of the "Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Passages Terms and Conditions".

Could anyone please explain to me the benefits of a “Passages Certificate”? It must have a commercial benefit to Celebrity otherwise they would not be offering “Passages Certificates” to potential clients.

I have seen a few postings that made some disparaging comments about them. We specifically would like to know the negatives of buying a Passages Certificate” balanced with the positives as to why one should.

We purchased Passages on board Connie as we sailed away from FLL. The e-mail was there the next day when I opened an e-mail account on board.:D In fact, we had four e-mails. DH and I both had an e-mail addressed to us individually and individual e-mails addressed to each of us as the travel agent of record, since we booked directly with =X=.

Thanks for all the quick replies. I wish I had gotten such quick notice from Celebrity!

In any case I called the Captain's Club today and they gave me the booking number, so I'm taken care of.

As for why to do this, there are a few benefits. If you book an actual cruise while on board there are some category upgrades available. You also get an OBC which I think depends on the length of the cruise you end up booking. Finally, it counts as your deposit.

It's not an amazing deal. If you are sure you are going to cruise with Celebrity again, though, I don't see any reason not to pick one up while you are on board.

Archived