Tell us how you feel about the Triumph

Texas Moomba

I really like the Triumph. I have sailed her twice, once from Galveston (last month) and once when she was doing Canada New England out of New York (Sept 2009). She has a more elegant feel than some of the other Carnival ships. I have cruised also on the Elation, Conquest, Magic so I am comparing to those. I thought the food was better than the Magic and definitely the service was much better. I would sail her again.

Lesa

We were on the Triumph 2-04 & found the ship to be in very good condition and well maintained, the staff was very friendly and the food was about average. I am not fond of Carnival's "new menu". Overall everything was fine and we had a great cruise. I think you'll enjoy it.. It's a lot like the Conquest only a little smaller.

Dou

Been on the Triumph twice; Had a great time on both cruises. Food is about the same to me from ship to ship so you won't be surprised there. The Ship was clean and the crew we encountered were very friendly. The only negative I can say is that the ship feels more crowded to me than others. (my opinion) But it really didn't have an impact with what I did. I also wish it had a steakhouse....

I have sailed her twice. Once many years ago when she was brand spanking new - I thought at the time that she was overcrowded. Longer lines at the buffet, etc. I just got off the Triumph last month and found as far as condition - she still looks spic and span. The staff was friendly, the food just okay (hey, it's cruise food) - I would sail her again tomorrow in a heartbeat if the price was right!

One year ago we ssiled the Triumph and it was our very first cruise. We loved it! The staff was awesome and the food was good. This ship sold us on cruising.

We hve since been on the Legend, and prefer the smaller size of Legend to the Triumph. I guess that is a personal thing. But, we are booked on the Liberty later this year, which is bigger than Legend, so the size really doesn't matter to me that much really.

You will have a great time!

The layout of the lido deck pushes all people into a tight corridor in order to get anywhere. Add to that, people taking photos and people with mobility issues and it creates a large traffic jam of people every night. (no disrespect to the people with mobility issues-- seems they would get frustrated as well by this).

It feels like the bazaar at animal kingdom at Disney if it helps to have a reference. You get bumped by people on all sides.

Therefore, I do not care much for the Triumph. Everything else was fine, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Pam & I just got through reading all of the responses to our thread. We want to thank all of you for your resonses and are very encouraged by what you had to say. We've been on the Conquest three times, the Splender and the Victory. I think the Triumph is going to be alot like the Victory we took out of San Juan.

Again Thanks everyone. Hope we can return the favor.

Jim & Pam

Pam & I just got through reading all of the responses to our thread. We want to thank all of you for your resonses and are very encouraged by what you had to say. We've been on the Conquest three times, the Splender and the Victory. I think the Triumph is going to be alot like the Victory we took out of San Juan.

Again Thanks everyone. Hope we can return the favor.

Jim & Pam

Yep, the Triumph is the sister ship to the Victory.

I've sailed on the Triumph 4 times and love the ship. Honestly, I think the Triumph is the most beautiful ship I've been on (and that includes Magic). It is many times better than Ecstasy, in my opinion. My 4 Triumph cruises were out of New Orleans, but I plan to sail on her again out of Galveston.

I enjoyed the Triumph. I'm going back in December with some friends. Some people complain about her, but I don't know why. The only real complaint is that there are only 2 buffet lines, which isn't enough for the amount of people. Just plan it out carefully, and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The aft rooms on Main deck can be very noisy, lots of rattling. So I wouldn't recommend a room around there. We enjoyed our room, only because it was very cheap for what we were getting, but it was noisy. Galveston is a great port to cruise out of. Of course, I may be saying that only because it's the closest port to me, the only one I can drive to.

Archived