aimodels can you help please????

eltigre

I want to snorkel shipwrecks, the turtles aren't nearly as important to us.

Where are the best shipwrecks & who can take us for a 2-3hr outing.

I wanted to see Rockley beach for an hour or two & Bathseba

Plus the waterfront & Pelican Village for a walkabout.

Am I trying to do too much if I'm in town from 8-5 pm departure

Are the shipwrecks worth that much time from an already too short day

They sound soo cool....

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC, there are at least 3 wrecks in Carlisle Bay. If the water is calm, you will have no problem seeing them. Although they are sitting in about 20-30 feet of water, the deck of each wreck is generally only about 10-12 feet down.

You could definitely do Rockley, Carlisle and Pelican Village in a day. Adding Bathsheba to that would be unrealistic in my opinion, because it's on the other side of the island.

I really enjoyed snorkeling and diving the wrecks, because they are in such shallow water. Plus, you might even see a turtle or two at Carlisle.

We were there on Friday with Cool Runnings and we saw turtles at both Carlisle and Payne's.

The west side beaches are calm and great for swimming and snorkeling. The east side beaches are nice for the rugged scenery, but are generally too rough to swim at.

Cheers, P:)

IIRC, there are at least 3 wrecks in Carlisle Bay. If the water is calm, you will have no problem seeing them. Although they are sitting in about 20-30 feet of water, the deck of each wreck is generally only about 10-12 feet down.

You could definitely do Rockley, Carlisle and Pelican Village in a day. Adding Bathsheba to that would be unrealistic in my opinion, because it's on the other side of the island.

I really enjoyed snorkeling and diving the wrecks, because they are in such shallow water. Plus, you might even see a turtle or two at Carlisle.

We were there on Friday with Cool Runnings and we saw turtles at both Carlisle and Payne's.

The west side beaches are calm and great for swimming and snorkeling. The east side beaches are nice for the rugged scenery, but are generally too rough to swim at.

We booked at the Dive Shop Carlisle Bay. They have a 1 hour snorkel while the divers do a 1 tank dive.

We have to be there at 11:30 so thought we'd do Rockley Beach until then.

They said we'd be back at the shop by 1:30 so hoping we can still get to Bathseba & back to Pelican by 3-3:30pm. I booked Johnston Tours by the hour to pick us up at the Dive Shop. Am I rushing it? What would you recomend for the time I have?

:confused:

I would talk to Johnson Tours and see if they can accomodate you...

If traffic is not too bad, I'm pretty sure that you can get to Bathsheba and back in 90 minutes, but you'd have very little time there to look around and take photos.

I would definitely be rushed...

Cheers, P:)

Archived