U.S.B port

msbptg

I would just buy a USB charging block from target, radio shack, online ect. It would be much more convenient. And only ten bucks or so.

To answer your question they have iMacs on board so they would have USB ports but doubt they would want you plugging anything in to them. They don't know where your phones been!

You should just buy one of these for your iPod. This way you can charge it in your room.

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MB352LL/C?fnode=MTY1NDA4NA

I love apple as much a the next guy. But please don't spend 35 dollars on this! Your only encouraging them!

Just go to amazon and search for USB AC charger and take your pick for about 12 bucks. also available at most general stores for less.

Anyone that likes to use the internet on board the Solstice remember if there,s a usb port on the tower for charging things like I-Touch and my cell phone?? Thanks.

I have a generic double outlet charger fm Wal-Mart that works for my iPad, iPod and GPS. Less than $10. Will work with any USB charged gear. ~ Ric

On most of the ships, in the internet lounges, the computers have the USB & DVD drives shut off. Stops people from dumping pictures as well from cameras onto a cd / dvd, or a USB drive.

Agree with DELHAVEN those were my observations as well (Solstice - January 15th Sailing).

The computers just seem to be set up to be dedicated slaves to the Internet... for those wanting to use the ILounge to check email etc (therfore no issues with cross-contamination)

Infact I took a course in the ILounge on the Ipad, and we didn't even really refer to our Ipads at all... it was primarily given as a lecture, with a Q&A Session afterwards, and handouts. Needless to say, I was rather disappointed that it wasn't more hands on ... but I learned some cool stuff anyhow... so still worth my $ 20 spent

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

I love apple as much a the next guy. But please don't spend 35 dollars on this! Your only encouraging them!

Just go to amazon and search for USB AC charger and take your pick for about 12 bucks. also available at most general stores for less.

I was just giving an example of what the OP should get. Plus when I bought my iPod it came with one of those. Either way, buy something along that line so you don't have to spend 2 hours in the internet cafe when you can charge it in your room while you're sleeping

I was just giving an example of what the OP should get. Plus when I bought my iPod it came with one of those. Either way, buy something along that line so you don't have to spend 2 hours in the internet cafe when you can charge it in your room while you're sleeping

Nothing personal. just kills me what apple charges for accessories.

This brings back memories of the good old days when Celebrity would let us view our own photos on their computers in the internet lounge.

They also gave each passenger free space on their server where we could store backup copies of the photos we took each day during the cruise and they were saved until after we returned home.

Archived