Anyone on June 3rd crossing?

DocM3

Hello Jerseytimetraveller! If only the 6 of us are on this crossing we shouldn't have any trouble finding each other :).

DocM3, I tried e-mailing you yesterday to thank you for starting the thread. I'm not sure if it is my ISP or yours but I guess you didn't receive my message. We are beginning our travels a week from yesterday so there's not much time to decide if we want to meet onboard.

My husband, Tom, and I spent all last summer looking at the QM2 brochure. Somehow, we finally made a decision and booked this crossing, so it is a dream come true for him also.

Jerseytimetraveller, can you give us an idea whether any roses will be blooming that early in June? My hobby is growing heirloom roses and it would be a thrill to visit one of the gardens if any are in bloom.

Sorry folks I posted the wrong addy - please do try again using USGrandma35@hotmail.com

We will be leaving home on April 29th - taking the train to New York for our May 4th crossing - I will be on line though during our travels. We will be in cabin 12026. Hopefully we can establish a time and place to meet - but please do note our cabin # so that we can make a connection -I'd love to hear from each of you now that I have given you the correct addy - sorry, about that!.

Sorry Tandemtourer I am not a gardener so cannot help on the Roses QuestionThis might help

http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/

Royal Botanic Gardens Kew (near london) I am sure they can tell you what will be "blooming"

When we lived in England for a few years we visited many historic houses all with superb gardens so I am sue you will have no trouble finding places to visit that fit the bill.

I presume that you you are spending time in England before the cruise? - We are flying from Jersey (Channel Islands) the night before.

JerseyTimeTraveller,

We plan to be in Scandinavia for a bit. It has been a long time since I have visited and Tom has never toured there. Our plans are very flexible so if the weather appears warmer in England that's where we'll be. We're spending the two nights before boarding in Hythe so we can watch the grand lady dock.

Will you be touring in the US after your crossing? If there is anything I can help you with please ask.

Rebecca

Have any of you received your documents for these cruises. We are still waiting and we leave Phoenix on May 6 so certainly hope they arrive before we leave. Is anyone staying in Southampton before the June 3 sailing? We get off the Golden Princess on June 1 after 24 days and have a couple of days to get rid of our sea legs before embarking again. Looking forward to meeting our small group.

Nice to know you will be aboard LadyMargaret.

We have our documents, but then we are leaving May4th for Southampton and doing the return on June 3rd, so I suppose they had to issue them together.

As we get closer to our sailing date we will arrange a place and time to meet.

Lady Margaret,

We are in a similar situation since we are leaving home tomorrow. For our last crossing on QE2 our tickets arrived 3 days before an Eastbound. This time we arranged for pier pickup of documents with our TA and then confirmed it with Cunard. We've never done it before but it was the only recourse for us. We will be taking all confirmations received from travel agent and hoping for the best. But, part of travel is adventure isn't it :)?

Sorry we won't be meeting any of you onboard. I will be off-line in a few hours. Enjoy your crossing!

Rebecca

Archived