NCL Jewel Panama Canal

CruisinKansas

Sailing on the Jewel 4/28/12. 17 days from NY to LA via Panama Canal. We've been on numerous cruises but nothing approaching 17 days. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to pack for 17 days. Also, anyone know how much it costs to have laundry done on the Jewel?

Thanks

Hi..that is a long Cruise. I did the Star in 13 days. My sugeston would be to outfit yourself around a basic color such as Black,Navy, Brown, Tan. Ect. Have your basic colored Pants and various tops that go with it. Same with Dresses or evening wear would again have the Basic color and dress it up with Different Jewelry or scarfs. Add a cute Jacket over the Basic pieces and you have a new outfit. Keep the shoes to a few. Again buy around your color scheme. One Skirt with two or more different cute tops. I will be on the Jewel in September so I will be waiting to read your review. Remember NCL is a very casual line people do not dress up that much. I love clothing but I like Free style Crusing. Have a great Cruise. :):):)

Be sure to sign up on the roll call for that sailing. I was going to be on the Jewel PC cruise but had to back out. You will enjoy conversing with people that will be on the ship and they have some very exciting activities planned. Slot Pull, Meet & Greet and cabin call. I really wish I could still go. I know you will also get a lot of good ideas from the group. Packing, where to stay etc. When you disembark please wave in the general direction of the Crown Plaza Hotel (left of the port) because I will be checking out of there and will be embarking shortly after you get off. I could keep that part of my trip. You can reach the roll call at the following link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1332550

I agree with Redheel Girl. Stay with a few basic colors. Also on the 17 day I was really planning on using the ships laundry services.

Have fun - I am really jealous. :(:p

hello cruisin kansas, allow me to invite you to our roll call @

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1332550

it is very active now with about 40 people, and we have some great things planned, like a slot pull, cabin crawl, and gift exe. and of course a M&G with all the high ranking officers.

as far as as packing im not sure of the best way to go about that. megan and i are going to bring too much lol. we are also packing for 4 additional days in vegas so we have a tux/wedding dress as well. i have learned on CC if you bring a small roll of duck tape you can pack your laundry bag past the point of bursting and hold it together with the tape, and its all good. the laundry service is $25.95 i believe, and will be offered a few times throughout the cruise. looking forward to seeing you on our roll call

:)

hello cruisin kansas, allow me to invite you to our roll call @

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1332550

it is very active now with about 40 people, and we have some great things planned, like a slot pull, cabin crawl, and gift exe. and of course a M&G with all the high ranking officers.

as far as as packing im not sure of the best way to go about that. megan and i are going to bring too much lol. we are also packing for 4 additional days in vegas so we have a tux/wedding dress as well. i have learned on CC if you bring a small roll of duck tape you can pack your laundry bag past the point of bursting and hold it together with the tape, and its all good. the laundry service is $25.95 i believe, and will be offered a few times throughout the cruise. looking forward to seeing you on our roll call

:)

Ha Ha Dave I beat you this time. I like the idea of the duck tape. Sandy and I are still going to be gone for 26 days so we need to keep up with laundry too. We are staying at a hotel that is near the pier in NY. We will wave at you when you set sail. :)

Ha Ha Dave I beat you this time. I like the idea of the duck tape. Sandy and I are still going to be gone for 26 days so we need to keep up with laundry too. We are staying at a hotel that is near the pier in NY. We will wave at you when you set sail. :)

thats because i dont know how to type, and when i responded there were no replies yet, but it took me almost 20 min to type that out :o

its nice to here you were able to keep at least part of your trip

happy cruising to you and yours

:D

Hi..that is a long Cruise. I did the Star in 13 days. My sugeston would be to outfit yourself around a basic color such as Black,Navy, Brown, Tan. Ect. Have your basic colored Pants and various tops that go with it. Same with Dresses or evening wear would again have the Basic color and dress it up with Different Jewelry or scarfs. Add a cute Jacket over the Basic pieces and you have a new outfit. Keep the shoes to a few. Again buy around your color scheme. One Skirt with two or more different cute tops. I will be on the Jewel in September so I will be waiting to read your review. Remember NCL is a very casual line people do not dress up that much. I love clothing but I like Free style Crusing. Have a great Cruise. :):):)

I'm on that cruise, too, and you've helped me as well. We are platinum latitudes so we get the bag of laundry for free this time, but we have used it before and it really kept us going on the 14 day PC cruise two years ago. I felt the $25 was money well spent.

I usually way over pack, but this is what I'm aiming at: I go with a pair of black dress slacks and brown dress slacks, about 3 tops for each, a sweater for each and a pair of shoes for each. That takes care of my evenings. Daytime for me is two pairs of jeans, two crop pants, about 5 tops, a pair of sandals and a pair of sneakers. That's my basic with a pair of sweats for lounging and a swim suit with cover-up.

The tricky thing is if it is very cold in New York City; that will throw a wrench in my plan. :confused:

PS Come on by the Roll Call; we'd love to add you to our crew!

The tricky thing is if it is very cold in New York City; that will throw a wrench in my plan. :confused:

PS Come on by the Roll Call; we'd love to add you to our crew!

n.y. in april, we should be just fine, we have had a quite mild winter thus far :)

Archived