oceanview cabin selection on Coral

cpmom

We are new to Princess and are about to book a cruise on the Coral and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about oceanview cabins. The cabins on Plaza deck seem to be better than the obstructed view ones on Emerald. There are six oceanview cabins in the Forward part of the Emerald Deck (E201 to E206). Anyone have any info about them, would there be more movement there than the cabins on the lower Plaza deck. Is the view better or the same?

Thanks for any info.:)

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Like yourself I've never been on Princess before but I booked a BA on Caribefor a first time

I'd submit that Emerald forward you might feel a bit of motion if the weather were to pickup during your cruise. Midships on Plaza is probably better overall...WHY?

The higher you are the more roll you tend to get. If you're lower, less roll.

If you're in the bow or stern, you will tend to get more pitching in rough weather, whereas midships you will get less.

As the Coral is a midsize vessel (by today's standards) and with the use of stabilizers, you'd have to be in a hurricane to feel anything significant.

Go for Plaza as it's lower and closer to midships, and enjoy your cruise.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived