Anyone done the Jungle Tour w/Speed Boat?

COSMOM

Does anyone have any info or experience with the jungle tour w/the speed boats? After reading so many posts about the short amount of time, I am considering having my family do this tour since it is only about 2-1/2 hours. You drive your own speed boat for 45 minutes thru the mangrove channel, snorkel for about 45 min, then drive back. If anyone has some tips, favorite tour company, ANYTHING, please pass the info along - I'd really appreciate it! :D

My DH and 2 teenage sons and I had a blast on the jungle speedboat excursion. Were on the NCL Sea and got the 12:00 tour. That gave us time to shop and swim a little at the beach by the pier. When we gathered for our tour I was expecting a bus ride or something, but we just walked across the busy street and the pier was right there. It was a follow the leader with a guide in the front. We rode through mangrove channels and then to the ocean where the boats were tied together so we could snorkle. It was the best snorkeling of the trip. Schools of fish and beautiful coral. The water was clear and warm -perfect. Definitely worth it! We haven't decided if it was better than zipping or cave tubing, but it was right up there. You could maybe do this on your own, but I don't know about that. Do it -you will have fun! Only caution would be if you had a bad back or were prone to sea sickness since it got a little rough with the speed.

Archived