First time cruiser, helpful tips on CARNIVAL ECSTASY

Brad L

My wife, 2 kids, and I are cruising for the first time aboard the Carnival Ecstasy. Any tips on what to do or discounts for shore excursions. We were looking at the jeep experience is it worth the money or not?

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Brad and welcome to cruise critic. Look at some more of the boards. There are some especially for new cruisers. Then there is a board for the ports of call that you are travelling to. Also there is another board for the port that you are leaving from. At the top of this board, there is a search feature, and that can help you too. I love cruising and I hope you will also. I've never been on a jeep excursion; so, I can't help you there.

Nancy

My wife, 2 kids, and I are cruising for the first time aboard the Carnival Ecstasy. Any tips on what to do or discounts for shore excursions. We were looking at the jeep experience is it worth the money or not?

I've never sailed the Ecstasy from Florida but I have sailed her several times from Galveston. The ship is lovely...

Ecstasy056.jpg

Ecstasy084.jpg

Ecstasy096.jpg

Ecstasy124.jpg

Ecstasy156.jpg

Ecstasy168.jpg

You are teasing me with those pics:mad: Been on her three times already since she got here to Canaveral.:D

Isn't she great? When we had her here in Texas we were honored to have Steve Cassel as her cruise diretor. Talk about talent!!!

:)

I have the webcam on right now, she's still at the dock:confused: I saw the funnel smoke a few minutes ago, maybe getting ready to go. It confuses people to see hercome at you in the camera, but it's at a temporary site, comes into the channel, turns around, then sails out(usually in that order)

I have the webcam on right now, she's still at the dock:confused: I saw the funnel smoke a few minutes ago, maybe getting ready to go. It confuses people to see hercome at you in the camera, but it's at a temporary site, comes into the channel, turns around, then sails out(usually in that order)

What is the link to the webcam?

I just got off the Ecstasy a few weeks ago and posted a review with tons of photos (see the bottom of my signature here for the link). We didn't do the Jeep Tour or ship excursions, but if you have any other questions on the ship feel free to post here or in my photo review thread!

We did beach buggies to Xcambo ruins on one of the excursions... my adult son drove, and he enjoyed that. Either way, like one of the previous posters said, it's an extended drive along a coastal highway where you can see some nice vacation homes. When you pass through town, people smile and wave at you- so it's a fun(nish) thing to do.

About Ecstasy- a great ship to take the kids on for the first time. Make sure you have some seasick meds though- it's smaller (rocks and rolls), and one of the CC families we met were pretty green a couple days into our Western Carribean trip.

You didn't say how old the kid's are, we were on a B2B a few week's ago & watching the camp kids doing there thing all over the ship was cool. They also have a dinner on the Lido deck for the kids. We saw this just walking around. Great small ship with a lot to do. Booking her again this fall for when we get back from Ohio.

Char :)

Archived