Hawaii with Scooter

Bobed1927

Will be in Oahu in May. First time with a scooter. I'm interested in the war memorials and assume that a private tour would be better for me because of the scooter. Will appreciate comments and recommendations for a private tour company. Nothing on the Disabled Cruise board.

Waikiki/Honolulu is wonderful with a scooter. In fact, my mom and I vacation in Oahu often because it is so scooter friendly. All the public buses are handicapped accessible. No trouble with sidewalks etc. and many tourist areas are accessible. Can't help with a private company, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Will be in Oahu in May. First time with a scooter. I'm interested in the war memorials and assume that a private tour would be better for me because of the scooter. Will appreciate comments and recommendations for a private tour company. Nothing on the Disabled Cruise board.

There are tour buses that are scooter accessible. Contact the tour company to make sure. The boat that takes you to the Arizonia memorial is also wheelchair/scooter accessible. I agree with Umbarger above, Oahu is very scooter-friendly.

Archived