mystery murder????

weezi

i will be sailing on the grandeur on april 23, 2005 just 4 more days!!!

and there is a murder mystery going on for this cruise. I'm really intrested in it but i dont know much about it, like how do i sign up? and how much extra is it? who do i contact?. if anyone has any information on this i greatly appreicate it.

thanks

Hi, don't know about the Grandeur but did the murder mystery on the Brilliance last year.

It was $50 pp, and included dinner in Portofinos, and wine. There was a cocktail hour before hand (drinks included) during which the mystery and suspects were introduced. the lounge was divided into sections, and each suspect visited each section briefly, and you could ask questions. At dinner, the suspects rotated among the tables, and again you could ask questions. Other information was "revealed" as the dinner progressed. At the end, you voted for the murderer and there was a prize. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I enjoy reading mysteries and write mystery dinners for a hobby so it's right up my alley!

You signed up outside Portofinos, starting on the first day. You can sign up with a group or on your own.

Hope this helps

We are going on a Murder Mystery Cruise in May. If you don't mind I have tons of questions? How many nights do we dress for the mystery? They told us we'd get our "parts" when we get on ship. So, how do we know what to bring? Do we still have a formal night?

Thank you so much for any advice you can share!

I was on the Monarch last year and the murder mystery was an ongoing event. You had to sing up in advance (that means before you left home) through travel agents that had the package available. You could call royal caribbean itself and see if they would book you on it or your own travel agent to see if they could get you involved. On my cruise they said it was $100 extra to participate and that was for the three day cruise. I don't know if the length changed the price at all. I didn't know anything about it when I booked the cruise so I checked into it onboard and they had space available for one more person, but it took the fun away since it was obvious that I couldn't be the murderer (they would of had that character involved already). They gave everyone some sort of character that detailed how they knew the actors and participants.

From what I saw I wouldn't waste my precious cruise time. You could see just as good of a show at your local murder mystery dinner theatre and for a lot less too.

My friend and I booked this cruise because it was a Murder Mystery Cruise. We booked through Whodunit, so we will be involved, we just don't know many details yet and are so very anxious. We both love mysteries. They said it won't interfere with our cruise time. I think there will be a lot of mystery time during dinner but during the day I think it's going to be more like a conversation piece, a great way to mix and mingle with fellow cruiser!

I wish I knew more people that were going to be there so we could exchange notes and ideas. Thank you for your information.

We are also sailing on the Grandeur this Saturday for the Murder Mystery cruise. Actually I just sailed her in February and rebooked her this time when I heard it was a murder mystery. You can go to whodunitcruises.com and find out all the info. They have a FAQ which pretty much explains everything. It is about $100 to participate and will be an ongoing event for the first 4 days of the cruise. We will have our "characters" assigned when we board. Then there are a couple of events before late night dinner. You must be on late seating to participate. If you sign up for the mystery they will assign you to late dinner seating. Dinner is with the mystery group and I think the "murder" happens then - I understand they will have someone from the mystery group at each table. If you're interested in doing this, I would call them now or call your TA now so that you can get involved prior to sail date. You can participate as much as you want in character or just sit back and watch for your clues - I have heard it can be kinda corny but also alot of fun! Its a "mobster" theme so you know ahead of time how you might want to dress if you want to, but you don't have to. I'm really looking forward to it - crusing with my sister and we plan on trying to get involved - (hmmm...maybe I'll be the murderer and I get to kill my sister.....)

P.S. - if you booked this cruise directly with whodunit or with RCCL - you get a discounted group rate - which makes up the difference for the cost of the murder mystery. We were able to book the cruise with the mystery together for the same price as the regular RCCL advertised price. So basically we get the mystery as part of our cruise.

Megust, thank you! I knew almost everything you just said, but for some reason when you said it, everything came together in my head! LOL

Now one more thing (yeah right, I'm sure I'll come up with several more lol) where do I find all of the people that is suppose to be on this ship? So far I think only about 10 are admitting that they are going in 4 weeks!

I am anxious to read your review when you get back! You have a wonderful trip as I just know you will. Be careful, and if you are the killer ... deny it to the very end! Idea..... I hope your "Sister" isn't the killer! Stay safe.

Are non-participating cruisers effected by the murder mystery? I was looking at Radiance 11/13 and saw the advertisement. I'm introducing some friends to cruising and was concerned about what might be happening with the special event and if it would take away from their experience.

Honeybear - did you try to check your roll call or maybe at the meet and mingle?

njoynride - I don't think it will affect the other cruisers other than maybe seeing those people that might dress in costume - I think its a totally separate group and we are all seated at dinner together so it shouldn't interfere with anyone else.

Yes I did, nothing on ROLL CALL and it's only a four day cruise so it won't be on Meet & Mingle, will it?

Except for saturating these boards, I'm very new at this. Although, I do think I can recite almost every post, I've read them so much! I love this board!

We are also sailing on the Grandeur this Saturday for the Murder Mystery cruise. Actually I just sailed her in February and rebooked her this time when I heard it was a murder mystery. - (hmmm...maybe I'll be the murderer and I get to kill my sister.....)

I can hardly wait for your review! (Hint ..Hint!) lolol

i will be sailing on the grandeur on april 23, 2005 just 4 more days!!!

and there is a murder mystery going on for this cruise. I'm really intrested in it but i dont know much about it, like how do i sign up? and how much extra is it? who do i contact?. if anyone has any information on this i greatly appreicate it.

thanks

Here is info on the murder mystery for your sailing.

http://whodunitcruises.com/index.html

I think its too late for you to get into it, but you can have your travel agent contact whodunit productions and see if they still have space available.

I am doing the murder mystery in Oct on the Monarch and they are already sold out.

Have you guys seen the thread "Live from the Crashed Grandeur in Costa Maya"? Anyone sailing Sat. April 23 might want to contact their agents or Royal Caribbean since it looks like this cruise might be delayed. Sorry for the bad news, but it's better to know sooner than later ( I know because our sailing last year was delayed 2 days due to the hurricanes in FL).

Oh Msz Kitty, I am booked with Whodunit! I thought I said that but the way I rattle on, maybe not! lol

Just tell me everything when you get home! I'm just so excited! Show pics also if you are able!

You have a wonderful time!

Honeybear....

I understood that you were booked with whodunit. I posted that info for "weezi".

Also....it looks like you are doing it before me, so you get to be the one to share your experience/pictures first. :D

I blew that whole message, didn't I? LOL

After I posted I realized you wrote that to weezi but I never did catch the date! I'll send you a review and pics for sure! I really "have" to now, don't I? ; )

I'm slowly figuring things out, but I still cannot figure out how to get icons in my message? How do You do that?

I enjoyed my first murder mystery 19 years ago. Found one of my best and oldest friend over the 4 days. To this day we laugh and have fond memories over how much fun it was. I wish I knew about this this upcoming one sooner as we would have loved to go! Have a great time and ENJOY!!!!!

:) :)

Friends like that are hard to come by. And to find her on a M M Cruise! LOL.

I sure wish you both were coming on this one with my girlfriend and I, we are going to have a ball!

My DH says he was on a ship for too many years (Navy, like "that's close to the same thing! LOLOLOL). Bless his heart, he'sa missing so much, isn't he?

Maybe it's not too late, why don't you check it out? Sort of a reunion for you both? You can show us the ropes. ; )

Honeybear - how kind you are! If I wasnt going on the SOS over 4th of July I would be looking into it right now. In fact, this same friend along with her now 19 year old daughter and my 11 year old are all going together.

I have the link that was given out and will follow up on a future murder cruise. Have a blast and please send in your review.

Maybe next one - next time!!! :)

Please do keep the link and let me know if/when you decide to go.

My DD (37yrs) and I are going next summer (2006) on a 7 day MMC somewhere. We want to go when the rates are really down because we want to do a 7 day with a balcony! We decide we want this to be the best ever, and no kids.

We went last summer, my first cruise, and we are going again this summer, in August, she, her children (teenagers) and I.

I dare anyone from around this area to try to take a cruise "without" me! lolol I think I've been gobbled up by the cruise bug! Now I have an addiction!

Have a wonderful trip with your DD and Friends.

I will send a review!

Archived