Oct. 15th WindSpirit, Istanbul to Athens

alexallen

The Oct. 15th sailing of the Wind Spirit seems to be sold out. We are concerned that a large group (or as large as this small ship can hold) has booked all the cabins except ours. Is there anyone else out there on this sailing? Thanks - Allen and Sandy

This season's Windstar Istanbul - Athens and Athens - Istanbul cruises all have been sold out or close to it since about the time the Radisson Diamond summer cruises got cancelled. Diamond was a leased ship that got sold. Availability was pretty good on Windstar until then. Diamond is about 300 passengers. The Wind Star and Wind Spirit run the about the same itinerary as the canceled cruises with about half that many passengers so you can see where people trying to preserve their flights and itinerary could finish filling up the Windstar ships pretty quickly.

On a number of sailings or perhaps all the sailings, there are Tauck tour groups. They have tours using my June 4 sailing and your October one. The Tauck site doesn't have any information on there tour group size. I expect one could have anything up to a bus load (~40).

Thanks, New Cruiser, for the information. It makes sense that the Diamond cruisers have switched over, and I didn't know about the Tauck tour on that sailing. I feel better knowing that at least some of the passengers will be "unattached" like us. Sandy

Archived