RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

My husband and I will be joining this cruise...second RSVP cruise for us. Looking forward to it! Definitely pleased about the itinerary change. We're going with a couple of friends, and all of us had agreed to book the trip no matter what. We were a bit bummed about the original itinerary, but the revised one is excellent, IMO.

My husband and I will be joining this cruise...second RSVP cruise for us. Looking forward to it! Definitely pleased about the itinerary change. We're going with a couple of friends, and all of us had agreed to book the trip no matter what. We were a bit bummed about the original itinerary, but the revised one is excellent, IMO.

Which RSVP cruise were on before? I recognize your name.

Grand Turk, San Juan, St. John.

Yes, we were on that cruise also. It was a great one. Loved riding horses at Grand Turk and then spending time in the pool at Margarittaville! Also, Kayaking in the luminescence bay in San Juan and the great beach at St. John!

:)

Yes, we were on that cruise also. It was a great one. Loved riding horses at Grand Turk and then spending time in the pool at Margarittaville! Also, Kayaking in the luminescence bay in San Juan and the great beach at St. John!

St. John was a great alternative to St. Thomas.

At. St. Thomas you had to take the fairy :D over to St. John.

I wanted to go on last February's RSVP cruise, but couldn't schedule it. I was really looking forward to this year's ... until I saw the itinerary. I wasn't looking forward to sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to colder domestic ports that I could reach by car.

So, I booked on Atlantis for their Caribbean cruise, reluctantly. I knew Atlantis' reputation for being more party/circuit than RSVP, and I'd already been on a RC cruise (including San Juan & Labadee). My misgivings jumped when I got an official email regarding the Atlantis cruise, shrieking, "It's ALL ABOUT THE DJ'S!!!" I literally groaned.

So, count me with the folks pleased with the change of itinerary. I managed to jump ship without any problems, and will be on the RSVP cruise now. I'm looking forward to the Culinary Center and Formal Dinner Night, neither featured on the Atlantis cruise. But, really, hot weather in February from a guy weary of New York snow is the main draw.

I know nothing!

Didn't even know there was a theme party!!

When do we find out this stuff? And themes and stuff?

Themes are announces a couple of weeks before the cruise; for the February 2012 cruise we got the themes the first week of January.

There is always a Bon Voyage party (not so much dancing, but a sail-away fun time and the basic theme is wear something from your home town/state/country and perhaps your name; it's a way to get acquainted.

Depending on the itinerary, there are usually three tea dances and three night time parties. Generally one of the tea dances has a color theme (green, blue etc - but never white as that is an Atlantis staple). As for night time parties, one is a costume party (that may or may not have a specific theme e.g. Mardi, Gras, Superhero or anything goes0; one is usually a leather party (with variations e.g. uniform, construction etc) and one is usually an underwear party (though in 2012 it was replaces with a sarong party; I love sarongs but IMO sarongs need to be seen in the light of day, it looses a lot of visual joy when it is dark).

To give you a basic idea, these were the themes for the February 2012 Caribbean cruise:

“Hello my name is…” Bon Voyage Party

Be Proud of who you are and where you’re from. Wear a name tag or create a T-shirt with your name and home town to meet new friends from all over the world...

“Castaway” T-Dance

What happens when you wash up on an uncharted island with 2000 gay shipmates? Whatever could you do? Throw a party, of course! So scour the island to find something native, nautical, or simply shredded to wear – that’s certain to entice the locals into joining the fun.

“Hearts & Flowers” T-Dance

Pretty in pink or ravishing in red? Your choice. Recycle that bouquet of flowers or heart shaped box of chocolates, or scented love notes from your Valentine. And if you haven’t found that special someone yet, just come as you are with your heart on your sleeve.

“It’s not easy being Green” Retro T-Dance

RSVP’s signature color theme t-dances continue – this time it is all about GREEN. Enough said.

“Supernatural” Costume Contest and Party

Sexy vampires, fairies, witches, warlocks and zombies and other supernatural beings come out for our most famous party of the week. Don’t be frightened by the daunting task of finding the perfect costume, these fanciful creatures love an audience.

“Hot Caribbean Nights” Sarong Party

Drape yourself in the dazzling colors of the Caribbean as we sail under the starry tropical sky.

“The Darker Side of Night” Party

We’ll turn down the lights a little to let your inhibitions emerge from the shadow of night. Dress dark, leather, uniform, or just become a friendly face in the shadows.

To get some ideas of what people do for outfits, check out pictures form previous cruises at http://www.gaycruisepictures.com/. It can range from spectacular outfits that must have been dragged onboard in crates to something small an understated - one of my favorites was a guy that showed up at the Lime Green tea dance in a bathing suit (can't remember the color) and a lime on a string around his neck.

tn_RSVP09%2032200_jpg.jpg

Thanks for the insight. This will be my first gay cruise (and my second cruise ever), so other people's stories are helpful. I think I made the right choice jumping from Atlantis to RSVP; even if the difference is just by hairs, that's still a difference.

And the image of a man packing a crate of elaborate costumes and still leaving behind any formalwear ... what's not to love? That's moxie, that is. Costume-wise, I don't have much ... just a Roman toga, but what are the odds of using that? Maybe I'll just bring it anyway. I'll bring some leather, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My partner and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and a big 40th. Birthday in FEB, 2013. So we have alot to celebrate on this cruise. We are both avid cruisers but have never done an all gay charter cruise before.

We've been wanting to do us this for long time, but just couldn't get the nerve up to do it. My partner is a much more reserved than I am and he is fearful it will be "too gay" (if that's possible) with drugs and sex at every corner. Where as I really don't care either way. But we are both looking for a very unique all gay experience that we will never forget.

At this point, we just can't decide which ship to sail on... RSVP or Atlantis ?? I'm leaning more towards RSVP, because I get the feeling from reading post here that the gentlemen on the Eurodam will be more in line with our ages, which might make my partner feel more comfortable. But I also understand there will be guys of all ages regardless of which ship we go on, right? I'm 39 and my partner will be turning 40 while on the cruise so I'm thinking we should fit right in regarless...

Bottom line, we really want to me meet some new people and have a great time. We both love to drink and dance but are far...far... from circuit boys!

Please help us decide! I'm frustrated... Thanks so much.

Rod

Philadelphia, PA.

Archived