RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Max, I am pumped! Love the Bud Lite Lime, we can have a LIME party. I will make sure I bring a couple bottles ofchampagne.

Typhoon1, I take to Kevin M, and he isn't sure if he is going, and Little Kevin hasn't responded back to me.

M&D, How I remember you lurking and looking in my window! Please continue.

Hi all , catching up on the posts don't post much. Have been enjoying RSVP for several years. Just curious what was the 2003 debacle in New Orleans?

Am getting anxious for Feb as I know many on this board are !

Thanks

Howday Ya'all:

I havn't decided if I will be joining the merry band of guys on the cruise this year. There are various reasons for my indecisiveness, one of which is that I just don't have anything to wear :D! There are other personal reasons as well, NONE of which has to deal with the fantastic group of guys on Cruise Critic and the friendships we have made over the years.

With that being said, anyone know if there is a cut off time to book the cruise? I thought it was 30 days prior, but I could be imagining things. I have the time off from work, and know that there are open cabins.... just havn't decided if I want to go or take a break....

I havn't heard from Little K either, although last I heard, I knew he had an interest in going...this was months ago.

Happy Holigays!

MNHippie! 8-)

Howday Ya'all:

I havn't decided if I will be joining the merry band of guys on the cruise this year. There are various reasons for my indecisiveness, one of which is that I just don't have anything to wear :D! There are other personal reasons as well, NONE of which has to deal with the fantastic group of guys on Cruise Critic and the friendships we have made over the years.

With that being said, anyone know if there is a cut off time to book the cruise? I thought it was 30 days prior, but I could be imagining things. I have the time off from work, and know that there are open cabins.... just havn't decided if I want to go or take a break....

I havn't heard from Little K either, although last I heard, I knew he had an interest in going...this was months ago.

Happy Holigays!

MNHippie! 8-)

OK, I just choked on my coffee... you have nothing to wear?! As I recall, you don't wear much to start with... and you throw fabulous outfits together out of nothing. That is one pathetic excuse. :rolleyes: Maybe the snow falling around you will convince you that you need to be somewhere warm in February.

As long as there is room at the inn/on the ship, they will let you book up until the last minute. I think there is a TSA/customs/security deadline of about 3 days prior to sailing but can't say for sure.

Just do it!

Then again if you don't go it will give us less-fabulous people a better chance to appear in pictures and videos! And if Max somehow isn't around the odds go even higher ;)

Hi all , catching up on the posts don't post much. Have been enjoying RSVP for several years. Just curious what was the 2003 debacle in New Orleans?

Am getting anxious for Feb as I know many on this board are !

Thanks

The 2003 cruise was fogged in the port of NOLA. Coast Guard closed the port, we had no idea when we would be able to depart.

We were due to depart for Progresso at Midnight on Fat Tuesday. Early Wednesday morning, they told everyone to be back on board by 0800 as we were in a holding pattern.

At noon, the ship finally departs. However, we were not bound for Progresso. Next destination, Nassau. Not exactly, the most gay friendly destination.

It was a good time, but with the cold, rain and fog, not exactly the kind of weather most people are looking for in Spring. It was en eerie trip down the Mississippi in the fog, tea dance on the aft deck in the fog while the fog horn was sounding.

Another reason for the itinerary change this year. What if we saw a repeat of 2003?

We just signed up for one of our travel agent's (DH) private excursions...a catamaran/snorkeling/booze cruise on Aruba. We will also probably do the island excursion he is offering for Curacao, unless we decide to do another beach excursion.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday!

That sounds rather cool!!

That was probably the best part of the trip, in addition to the scenery along the river (that you could see through the fog). A midnight departure would have had no scenery.

Some of those old plantation homes were quite a sight to see. I often wonder what's left after Katrina.

Though being trapped in New Orleans wasn't that wonderful, I did enjoy the daylight sail down through the Mississippi Delta in the fog and it was quite interesting. But I don't need to repeat it in 2013. That RSVP cruise was my only brush with Mardi Gras. And this upcoming cruise will be my first experience with Carnival. Being assured of warm weather is not a bad thing, though going back to New Orleans could have been nice too.

Though being trapped in New Orleans wasn't that wonderful, I did enjoy the daylight sail down through the Mississippi Delta in the fog and it was quite interesting. But I don't need to repeat it in 2013. That RSVP cruise was my only brush with Mardi Gras. And this upcoming cruise will be my first experience with Carnival. Being assured of warm weather is not a bad thing, though going back to New Orleans could have been nice too.

I think there are more current RSVP cruisers that will experience a repeat of Curacao and Aruba (2010) rather than New Orleans (2003). ;)

I think there are more current RSVP cruisers that will experience a repeat of Curacao and Aruba (2010) rather than New Orleans (2003). ;)

Some of us have experienced both.

NOLA was a good time, however, the weather put a damper on the party atmosphere.

We just signed up for one of our travel agent's (DH) private excursions..

For some reason, I never get the info on the DH excursions. I did go on the snorkel thing with my cruisemate in Aruba, and from what I remember of it, it was really fun (it was the morning after Carnival, which is why I'm a little short on details on the catamaran trip).

I did the RSVP viewing area in Curacao, which was a good way to do it.

The 2003 cruise was fogged in the port of NOLA. Coast Guard closed the port, we had no idea when we would be able to depart.

We were due to depart for Progresso at Midnight on Fat Tuesday. Early Wednesday morning, they told everyone to be back on board by 0800 as we were in a holding pattern.

At noon, the ship finally departs. However, we were not bound for Progresso. Next destination, Nassau. Not exactly, the most gay friendly destination.

It was a good time, but with the cold, rain and fog, not exactly the kind of weather most people are looking for in Spring. It was en eerie trip down the Mississippi in the fog, tea dance on the aft deck in the fog while the fog horn was sounding.

Another reason for the itinerary change this year. What if we saw a repeat of 2003?

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity about the NOLA 2003 cruise. That did not sound like a lot of fun !!!

Yeah, we've been there before too, but not for Carnival. In fact, Aruba multiple times. It is not one of my favorite places.

OK, Christmas is over and in the lull before New Years - and the cruise party theme reveal - let's get the ball rolling for a meet-and-greet.

It will most likely be just before lunch the first day at sea so it doesn't interfere with another fun activities organized by RSVP. (I have to find out who the new contact person is - my usual contacts have both left the company). I am thinking of asking for it in the Silk Den again, if it is available.

So, if you plan on attending email me at boytjieny at yahoo dot com providing me the names and cabin numbers of those attending. It helps having that info just in case there is a last minute location/time slot change. HAL would also want an estimate of how many people will be attending.

Archived